Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 CORPORATE RESPONDS POSITIVELY!!!  (Read 2338 times)

Hueyt

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
X10 CORPORATE RESPONDS POSITIVELY!!!
« on: January 24, 2008, 09:42:03 PM »

So I sent an email to Michael, since he was asking for advice and within a day, he's on the ball making some things happen.  I myself am encouraged to say the least.  I thought I would share the correspondence with you guys, I'm sure he doesn't mind:

Hello Hugh,

Thanks for your email.  Please know that I have forwarded your email to our Creative Director so he is made aware of the types of videos that can be of use to our customers.  I think this is an excellent idea, and will certainly see if this is something that we can put to good use in the future.

In regards to a workshop, not sure if that is something that can be feasible right off the bat, as I handle 3 departments here, however I’m sure it is something I can certainly pass around to members of the marketing team to see what can be done with this matter.  I will also discuss this with the Customer Service team to see if we can come up with a solution.  I think this would be a great idea and would love to see what Team X10 can do.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Michael M.

X10.com Community Team

Community@x10.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 11:07 AM
To: 'Michael Mallari'
Subject: RE: X10 Community Email

Thanks Mike

Gregg Loughridge

Producer - Video & Digital Media

X10 Wireless Technology, Inc.

Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 10:49 AM
To: 'Gregg Loughridge'
Subject: X10 Community Email

"A good video to produce would be a "From the beginning... preparing your house for x10" video.  About installing phase couplers, mapping your home's electrical system, and checking for noise with a meter like the one ELK makes.  It wouldn't be a bad product for you to carry as well.  If a house is prepared, problems are very likely to be kept at the bare minimum, wouldn't you agree?"

Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 4:54 PM
To: michaelm@x10.com
Subject: New Personal Message: Thanks!

You have just been sent a personal message by Hueyt on X10 Community Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

Michael,

We appreciate your taking time to ask our opinions on upgrades.  I am a handyman in Las Vegas and could see where this would be a great business here to automate homes.  However, with all of the problems encountered on this site, not to mention those who aren't represented here, I would be making house calls to troubleshoot 24/7.

We on the forum were toying with the idea of a workshop/convention thing so we could have hands on training which would of course be beneficial to x10 because then you would have us out here to help people troubleshoot instead of Eric handling the load.  Would it be possible for you to hosts something like that here in Vegas?  Maybe even during CES?

If you take the time to read all of these posts, you can tell we're passionate about your product and it's potential, but at the same time frustrated because of our lack of knowledge.  (except for the few long term x10 geeks)  I believe there are answers to all that we seek, we just feel kind of alone out here.  There are other systems available to me that are very very reliable, but at the same time, very very expensive.  Your products are perfect for the masses in every way except you have to be an experienced electrician to make it work perfectly.

A good video to produce would be a "From the beginning... preparing your house for x10" video.  About installing phase couplers, mapping your home's electrical system, and checking for noise with a meter like the one ELK makes.  It wouldn't be a bad product for you to carry as well.  If a house is prepared, problems are very likely to be kept at the bare minimum, wouldn't you agree?

I know your emphasis is marketing with the email specials everyday, but because of these issues, you have hundreds if not thousands of users giving up!!   The video would change that and make the posts on the community few and far between.

I hope I've helped and that in return you guys will give us more support so that we aren't spending all of our free time trouble shooting!

Thanks

Hugh Tyner

hueyt1009@yahoo.com

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.