Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Using more than 4 cameras?  (Read 5747 times)

x10challanged

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Using more than 4 cameras?
« on: January 31, 2008, 08:11:53 PM »

I see that X-10 only shows 1 camera at a time active.  In order to view I have to select which camera to view and the others stop or "freeze Frame".  Are there any "wireless" camera systems which allow the viewing of 6-8 cameras at the sametime or are we stuck with the cable only system for this?  It "appears" since there are only (4) frequencies there is great limitation here in the wireless world of cameras. I am assuming that since the cameras are turned of when not being viewed you can have unlimited cameras but only view 1 at a time.  Due to the size and design of my house and surrounding yard I require a min. of 6 cameras for security preferably 8.  If I program macros with motion detectors for recording perhaps this will follow an intruder by turning on and off various cameras?  If I am home I would have to flip thru the camera views manually to find someone outside, since while at home I would not have the macros turned on. Correct?

iowacc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Using more than 4 cameras?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 09:30:13 PM »

This question was posted nearly a year ago and no one has answered it. I found it doing a seach and basically have the same question.  I need an 8 camera system and need to be able to see at LEAST 4 of them in a split screen at the same time.  Does X10 do this?  If so, how and what to a buy, if not... who does?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.