Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: dissapointed  (Read 15103 times)

blown99bergerssclo

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
dissapointed
« on: February 01, 2008, 09:47:50 AM »

well right now i am disappointed big time! i was expecting to come home yesterday to box of new toys. instead nothing then i tracked it and it says they left it on the porch. my guess is they delivered it to the wrong house! i called x10 and she didn't really say much other than she would get in touch with the delivery guy......so then what? she really didn't have an answer. has anyone else had this problem? ??? ???

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
Re: dissapointed
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 12:06:44 PM »

I have never had a delivery problem other than items not arriving on the date expected.

If it were me i would call the carrier (FedEx) and file a claim. It is possible that they still have it sitting on the delivery truck.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 12:14:05 PM »

Yes I also would call FedEx as I had a driver claim no one was home and could not deliever it.
Problem is I have a delivery waver and NO Door Tag was left. FedEx could not explain either reason for not delivering. My thought are; I am in a Rural area and the driver didn't have anyother deliveries in my area and decided not to drive all the way out.

blown99bergerssclo

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 03:08:01 PM »

thanks my sales person took care of filling it for me. she said it will be up to 48 hrs until i here back. this sux especially since i had convinced my cousin to help install and set it up this weekend. hopefully they will bring it today.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 06:49:51 PM »

Check with neighbors who might have been home during the day.  I used to get UPS and FedEx packages all the time for neighbors who were not home, and vice-versa.  (Sometimes a tag was left, sometimes not.)

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
Happened twice
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 06:35:49 AM »

Had the same thing happen twice.  FedEx reported "could not deliver"

However because I had signed up for email alerts on status changes I called FedEx when I got the email and stated that I was calling from home, had been there for hours, and that no FedEx had attempted a delivery.

Same thing happend again a week later - filed 2 complaints, and they DID come back out, once at night, the other time on a Sunday. 

FedEx GROUND sucks!
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 08:57:07 AM »

Back in 2004, when I bought AHP/CM15A, FedEx didn't deliver on the stated day. Friday.  I called X10 and they were going to ship me another order when on the following Monday, guess what was sitting on my front porch? I called X10 back and they thanked me.

I called the local FedEx office and it turned out the driver on Friday decided not to make a bunch of deliveries.  Needless to say, that driver was fired!!!
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 10:25:14 AM »

Check with neighbors who might have been home during the day.  I used to get UPS and FedEx packages all the time for neighbors who were not home, and vice-versa.  (Sometimes a tag was left, sometimes not.)

My packages are sometimes left at my front door, sometimes next door, they're left in the shrubs (out of view from passing cars... and my driveway). I've found packages around in back, both on a picnic table... and on the deck. I have been home when they deliver... sometimes they ring the doorbell... sometimes they knock. They've parked in my driveway and walked on the walk. They park in the street, and cut through my yard. Packages arrive in the morning, or after it's dark. Finding deliveries reminds me of an Easter Egg Hunt.

On (ONLY) one occasion when I wasn't home did they leave a note.

I've discussed this with the neighbors. One said he is friends with the FedEx guy who "sometimes" delivers our neighborhood. Apparently as the Internet has increased in sales share, package delievery has changed. Unlike the old days... at least in my area... we no longer know WHO or WHAT to expect.

Home Automation is an always changing technology

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 12:09:45 PM »

My packages are sometimes left at my front door, sometimes next door, they're left in the shrubs (out of view from passing cars... and my driveway). I've found packages around in back, both on a picnic table... and on the deck. I have been home when they deliver... sometimes they ring the doorbell... sometimes they knock. They've parked in my driveway and walked on the walk. They park in the street, and cut through my yard. Packages arrive in the morning, or after it's dark. Finding deliveries reminds me of an Easter Egg Hunt....
That's funny.
About 5 years ago when I moved into my new subdivision my street wasn't on the map so my packages ended up all over the city. Now most of the time they arrive on time and in good shape. I think the USPS lady is the only one that rings a bell. Fortunately BVC announces "You have a visitor at the front door." I've even put out a "milk carton" style box to the right of the door with a note to put packages there. Seems all the delivery companies like to put packages to the left of my door. The right side of the door is a little more hidden from the street as well as in camera range. Camera takes a pictures when someone comes to the door as well as zooms in on the package and emails me a picture. About a 3rd of the the time Fedex delivers a day later than their 1st estimate but it's really amazing how fast I get tracking information. Typically I get an email to my phone before I can open the door and get the package!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 12:45:56 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

blown99bergerssclo

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 09:49:09 AM »

hey Steven what kind of camera/software are you using to make able to "Camera takes a pictures when someone comes to the door as well as zooms in on the package and emails me a picture."  that would be cool but how does it know what to zoom on without your help? how much did it cost?

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 05:41:54 PM »

...what kind of camera/software are you using...
The Sentinel and it's not cheap but it is one of the finest camera's of it's type in it's field. Anything else in that category I've looked at doesn't do near as much and costs way more.

..."Camera takes a pictures when someone comes to the door as well as zooms in on the package and emails me a picture."  that would be cool but how does it know what to zoom on without your help? how much did it cost?
I have a simple sensor near the door that triggers a macro. The macro tells the camera to video tape the door for about 2 min and then pan and zoom in to the package area. No the camera doesn't have any form of motion tracking built in. Other preset areas are panned to also while video recording. Then the macro tells the camera to sweep all the preset areas. Pictures are captured on the computer as well as emailed to me.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

blown99bergerssclo

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 06:38:23 PM »

that's cool. i have been looking at the sentinel and vanguard. the only diff. i see is the dome housing. am i missing something?

zach1234

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 06:51:34 PM »

Starlight and more of a zoom.

blown99bergerssclo

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 08:40:50 AM »

well still no product! so far i have given them almost 1k and they have given me the run around. x 10 said they filed with fed ex. fed ex said the nly person they have heard from on this matter is me. any suggestions? ??? >:( ???

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.