Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Activate AHP While Away  (Read 4467 times)

murray

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Activate AHP While Away
« on: February 01, 2008, 10:50:13 AM »

With my array of motion sensors, I could not exit my home after starting AHP without tripping the sensors.  So I wrote a small batch file to start AHP 5 minutes after exiting the house.  The batch file is as follows:

echo Delaying 5 Minutes Before Starting AHP
sleep 300
echo Delay Complete
echo Starting AHP
cd\program files\ActiveHome Pro
ActiveHm

Save to the desktop and click on the batch file icon before leaving the house.

XP users will need to have the file "sleep.exe" install in the root directory.  You can get this by downloading Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools.  I hope this helps someone who had the same problem I did.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Activate AHP While Away
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 11:47:27 AM »

With my array of motion sensors, I could not exit my home after starting AHP without tripping the sensors. 

murray: Welcome to the forum. Based on what you are saying here without knowing what you have for an AHP set up, I have a question and a concern.

Why not just set them to be in an armed mode with a remote once you are outside? Or even have a macro that has an exit delay to arm your (I'm assuming OnAlert) security sensor macros that you can start before leaving.

Not sure I'd be to comfortable trusting microsoft & a batch file to secure my home on it's own after I leave. (MHO)

murray

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 12:52:33 PM »

Puck,

I know nothing about delaying macros, other than inserting a delay using Smart Macros.  I played around with this and never could find something that worked.  I do know how to use dos files, so I reverted to something familiar.  How would you setup a macros to delay for 5 minutes without starting video or stills?

I have 2 cameras, 2 ActiveEye sensors, and a start macro for each system to start a sequence when either sensor is activated.  Any assistance would be appreciated.  I also have 4 more cameras not being used that I will eventually install at my barn.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 01:14:08 PM »

You could use a status flag as a condition for your motion recording macros.

When that flag is set, your macros would run; when not set the macro will not run.

You create another macro that would delay 5 minutes (or however long), then set that status flag. You could trigger this macro manually before you leave or use a remote and trigger it when you are outside.

I can understand where you are coming from about doing things the way you understand and are comfortable with. My concern is not knowing if it actually started OK after leaving. With a macro to enable it, you could also have it turn a light on & off as a visual indication that it did run and set the flag, thus enabling the motion recording macros.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.