Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My FloodCam works (finally) - but this is weird!  (Read 4882 times)

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
My FloodCam works (finally) - but this is weird!
« on: February 09, 2008, 06:17:24 AM »

I've had all the problems posted here - Floods won't turn off, won't turn on, come on in daylight, etc.
I used business cards to build a shield, then a small cardboard box to shield the sensor from light.  I've "reset" the darn thing more times than I can count.
There's 2 things I've found.  #1 is don't use white business cards or white anything to create the shield.  White REFLECTS light - might as well not be there.
#2 is the weird one.  Create a macro to  :o scare  :o the floodcam into shutting itself off!
FloodCam is C1.  C1-On triggers a very simple macro that has a 3-minute delay before issuing a C1-OFF command.
When the macro exists, the FloodCam shuts itself off at its own 1-minute setting.  When I delete the macro, the FloodCam stays on until I manually shut it off. (the problem exists only when the Floods are on, during the day, I don't need the macro)

Unless the eventual C1-OFF command resets something every cycle, I have no reason or Thought as to why it works. - It just does.  (I'm going to test triggering the macro with C1-OFF, delaying a bit, then issuing a C1-OFF - just for grins) 8)

Update:  Nope, changing the macro to trigger on C1-OFF didn't work - it stayed on for 20 min until I ran the macro manually. Then I  reset the macro to trigger on C1-ON, and triggered the FloodCam.  Per the Activity Monitor log, 43 seconds later, it shut itself off.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 07:51:37 AM by PajamaGuy »
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
Re: My FloodCam works - Part II
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 04:29:36 PM »

I tried using phantoms & flags to set up macros to set a flag when the FloodCam comes on, then wait 5 minutes, and if it's still on, turn it off.

Bottom line - still very weird - If the C1-On triggered macro did not contain the Module C1 OFF, the FloodCam would not shut off. 

Tried several ways - no joy.  Erased them all and made a simple C1-on triggered macro that had 2 commands:  Wait 5 min and then turn off module C1.
EVERY TIME that macro exists, the FloodCam turns ITSELF off at the delay setting of the FloodCam (minimum), when that macro does not exist, the FloodCam does NOT turn off UNTIL I walk in front of it again - after letting it sit for a couple of minutes - then about 60 seconds later it shuts itself off.  If there's no 2nd trigger, it stays on indefinitely.

Also - it's pretty close to every-other-time the lights come on during daylight.  They come on everytime at night, and yes, the darkness setting is about 1/8" off the max-dark setting.

...don't you just love it!~
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.