Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15a loses track of time...  (Read 6826 times)

raccah

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15a loses track of time...
« on: February 25, 2008, 11:12:58 AM »

MY CM15a seems to lose track of time the longer we have not updated it.  So if we update the timers (using the USB connection), then it will correctly turn on and off devices for a week or so.  After that it starts to act like a child - and lose track of time  ;D.  Ask it to turn on the lamp at 4PM and it thought you said 3PM.  It mostly moves the clock backwards

Is this common - it is like clockwork.  Of course we can reprogram it by connecting it to the PC, clearing the memory, and downloading the new stuff and it works for a bit of time.

Do I have a broken CM15a?  Did I program it incorrectly? 

Thanks!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: CM15a loses track of time...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 01:03:37 PM »

Running the Cm15a disconected from the PC and all issues concerning that are well documented in the forums!
Doing an advanced search will turn them up!
You shouldn't have to clear the interface, just update timers and macros!
Most users leave the Cm15a connected to the PC! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

s0urc3f0ur

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 05:18:54 PM »

MY CM15a seems to lose track of time the longer we have not updated it.  So if we update the timers (using the USB connection), then it will correctly turn on and off devices for a week or so. 

It should be noted here that there is always going to be" clock drift" with any clock that is synced with another clock. Keeping the CM15a plugged into the computer should alieviate this., allthough I have found that some of my timers area about minute behind. This may seem like a dumb question but have you changed the batteries lately? A good way to check if the internal clock and clock on your computer  are in sync is to go to the hardware configuration tab in AHP.
X10 has brought me closer to my inner geek! But it has aslo made my wife look at me funny!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 08:05:28 PM »

...I have found that some of my timers area about minute behind....
AHP does not sync to the second! Seconds are ignored when syncing so if the actual time is 1:00:59 when you download, AHP will take the time as 1:00:00. That results in you being a "minute" behind. Best you can hope for is being an average of 30 seconds off.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 09:33:30 PM »

I just checked AHP and it shows the interface time the same as the PC's clock.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 12:55:31 AM »

I just checked AHP and it shows the interface time the same as the PC's clock.
In spite of the fact that AHP shows the correct time, the seconds are truncated when synced to the CM15A.

What appears to be happening from my tests is that the time is synced without the seconds following the download.
e.g. If the download to the CM15A ends at 1:00:55, then 1:00 is synced to the CM15A and an event scheduled for 1:05 will happen at 1:05:55.

So if it matters to anyone, start your downloads so that they end close to the exact minute.  :)
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 09:14:38 AM »

To try and minimize the "rounding" effect when the CM15A downloads, I try to kick off the download at about 45 seconds into the minute. That way, it finishes just after the minute rolls over.  The time it takes to sync is based on the amount of stuff you have in your program. Time it the next time you sync, and you can use that to determine your offset.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.