Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: helo all i am new here  (Read 19213 times)

SEVENS

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
helo all i am new here
« on: February 14, 2008, 06:34:45 PM »

i just like to tell u all i just discover this forum today .i already have a nice security system with 2 color cameras everything is remote .and in fact for the first 2 monts i could not record anything exept for last week i did rrrecord manually .now i want to upgrade to a wireless router and add 2 low intensity cameras and have the whole thing to go to my pc .
i have a question regarding the process of installing this to my pc
if i could not figure out how to do it with a vcr
is there any chanche i woould be able to do it with my pc ?
and do u have software who can help to install the whole system on his own ?..
my concern is not be able to install it when we buy a simple camera digital that is there is a disk to install the whole thing in no time
i am dreaming ....it would be so easy if i just have to plug it and voilas 
any advice would be greatly appreciate  ..
and btw ..HAPPY VALENTINE TO ALL .....7 ... ???
WANT U TO KNOW I AM WATCHING U

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: helo all i am new here
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 08:26:33 PM »

i just like to tell u all i just discover this forum today

Welcome to the forums SEVENS.

.i already have a nice security system with 2 color cameras everything is remote .and in fact for the first 2 monts i could not record anything exept for last week i did rrrecord manually .now i want to upgrade to a wireless router and add 2 low intensity cameras and have the whole thing to go to my pc .

Tell us a little more about your system.. is it motion activated? Are you using a VCR commander or Commander II? Wired.. or wireless cameras? Transceivers? Any other X10 automation or devices?

i have a question regarding the process of installing this to my pc if i could not figure out how to do it with a vcr
is there any chanche i woould be able to do it with my pc ?

Everyone has different mechanical and computer skills. Between the directions and the posts here at the forum.. lots of info is available.

and do u have software who can help to install the whole system on his own ?.. my concern is not be able to install it when we buy a simple camera digital that is there is a disk to install the whole thing in no time

Maybe you have a nephew, or neighborhood kid that can help. What Operating System are you using... windows 98, or windows XP... you may have some problems with windows new Vista Operating System.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

SEVENS

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 09:01:57 AM »

thank you for ur quick reply .i should have been more precise .everything i have for security is from x 10 .i like that system .everything is wirelessi got 2 eagle eye .2 cameras vcr commender .well i guess it is a standard kit .i know i ca add to this system i got a remote for 8 cameras i think .this is why  i want to expend and be able to connect it to my pc via wireless router
before i buy the new system .i have to  make a few decision .i was thinking to add also the camera who have a zoom to see 1 1/2 mil away moving next week and want to be secure eaven if i am not home a lots i want to make sure .if anybody break in i can see who it is .
i notice a bit of problem with eagle eye one is ok the other one is not so now i change cam manually but i have to be present to record to my vcr
is there a link where i can see what the quality of wireless pc picture look like .for different cameras from x 10 .also i would like to know how secure is the site on the net to see the house online ?
any help u can give me will be greatly appreciate  thank u ... 7......have a nice day.....
WANT U TO KNOW I AM WATCHING U

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 10:01:00 AM »

everything is wirelessi got 2 eagle eye .2 cameras vcr commender .well i guess it is a standard kit .i know i ca add to this system i got a remote for 8 cameras i think .this is why  i want to expend and be able to connect it to my pc via wireless router

Yes... if you have a broadband connected PC... you can monitor your cameras over the internet..... and much more.

before i buy the new system .i have to  make a few decision .i was thinking to add also the camera who have a zoom to see 1 1/2 mil away moving next week and want to be secure eaven if i am not home a lots i want to make sure .if anybody break in i can see who it is .

The Sentinel is an AWESOME top-of-the-line camera! It can be connected to your PC ether wirelessly or wired. You will need software and a video adapter. steven r is our resident expert on the Sentinel... and I am sure he will chime in with more info.

Hopefully... your also using the DS7000 (X10 security alarm) to be notified of any break-in's.

i notice a bit of problem with eagle eye one is ok the other one is not so now i change cam manually but i have to be present to record to my vcr

Are you using motion sensors? Motion sensors is how the cameras are normally automated.

is there a link where i can see what the quality of wireless pc picture look like .for different cameras from x 10 .also i would like to know how secure is the site on the net to see the house online ?

I am not aware of a "demo camera" anywhere... but that's a great idea. The X10 remote viewing software is invitation and password protected.. nice and secure.

Be sure to read other posts and replies here at the forum. I think... you will find your problems (and questions) are more or less typical. You may save yourself lots of time and find answers much quicker too. But DO stick with it here... till you get what you need.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 10:10:06 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 11:10:20 AM »

What a lot of people forget and Dave as pointed out in other posts, security starts outside the front door. While an alarm sign will keep out a lot of crooks, an alarm will not keep a burglar out. Hopefully an alarm will scare away a burglar but physical damage to doors or windows has already occurred.

My order of priority is:
  • Locks - deadbolts for all doors.
  • Lights - X10 is an excellent tool for making a house looked lived in
  • Alarm - Remember an alarm is only as good as it's monitoring system. [I've soaped boxed this topic enough elsewhere.]
  • Cameras - Good deterrent as well documentation

Dave's list of priorities may be in a slightly different order but I think we both would put locks ahead of an alarm.

While I may not be a Sentinel expert as Dave put it, I do believe the the camera is one the finest of it's type and am very pleased with mine.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

zach1234

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 08:54:26 PM »

everything is wirelessi got 2 eagle eye .2 cameras vcr commender .well i guess it is a standard kit .i know i ca add to this system i got a remote for 8 cameras i think .this is why  i want to expend and be able to connect it to my pc via wireless router

Yes... if you have a broadband connected PC... you can monitor your cameras over the internet..... and much more.

The Sentinel is an AWESOME top-of-the-line camera! It can be connected to your PC ether wirelessly or wired. You will need software and a video adapter. steven r is our resident expert on the Sentinel... and I am sure he will chime in with more info.

Hopefully... your also using the DS7000 (X10 security alarm) to be notified of any break-in's.

Are you using motion sensors? Motion sensors is how the cameras are normally automated.

I am not aware of a "demo camera" anywhere... but that's a great idea. The X10 remote viewing software is invitation and password protected.. nice and secure.

Be sure to read other posts and replies here at the forum. I think... you will find your problems (and questions) are more or less typical. You may save yourself lots of time and find answers much quicker too. But DO stick with it here... till you get what you need.   
I have a demo Camera at homeautomationchat.zoomshare.com

zach1234

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 08:54:56 PM »

What a lot of people forget and Dave as pointed out in other posts, security starts outside the front door. While an alarm sign will keep out a lot of crooks, an alarm will not keep a burglar out. Hopefully an alarm will scare away a burglar but physical damage to doors or windows has already occurred.

My order of priority is:
  • Locks - deadbolts for all doors.
  • Lights - X10 is an excellent tool for making a house looked lived in
  • Alarm - Remember an alarm is only as good as it's monitoring system. [I've soaped boxed this topic enough elsewhere.]
  • Cameras - Good deterrent as well documentation

Dave's list of priorities may be in a slightly different order but I think we both would put locks ahead of an alarm.

While I may not be a Sentinel expert as Dave put it, I do believe the the camera is one the finest of it's type and am very pleased with mine.
Make sure they cant be bumped.

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 07:53:23 AM »

Alarm - Remember an alarm is only as good as it's monitoring system. [I've soaped boxed this topic enough elsewhere.]

Caveat - In the spirit of deterrant - or keeping 'em out in the first place - Letting the perps know they've tripped an alarm is often enough to send them running.  In our neighborhood, one of the first things they do is cut the phone line.  They have to cut the power to stop the flashing lights and sirens.  Having a lock on your fuse panel slows them down (check building/fire codes) - as does motion-sensing floodlights.  Having your PC on an UPS gives your system time to send other forms of alerts (email).

Just a couple of thoughts...
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.