Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Email Notification only works via x10 gateway which is 6 hours delayed....  (Read 11275 times)

spankyboy10

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I have a macro triggered by a back door sensor to send me an email. All my Vista firewalls have been disabled when testing it. I also, tried forcing AHP to transmit other than the auto(Auto, SMTP, X10 gateway) but always stays in auto.  Since, I only get the message from the X10 gateway, this mode must be the only one working with Vista.

One interesting note is when ever , I get the email its typically 6 hours later from when the actual event happened. I guess the gateway is very slow. I would consider this a bug if you can't tell it to use SMTP. My email account which I set up on Vista works fine using Pop3 for incoming and SMTP for outgoing. Does anyone in this group or at X10 have a solution for this?

Thanks
Dale

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
Re: Email Notification only works via x10 gateway which is 6 hours delayed....
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 04:23:34 PM »

I use (and have been using) Vista. My transmission is AUTO.
I just created a macro to send myself a test email - it took less time than typing this sentence.

It appears as sent from the email address I entered (a gmail.com address)

But it was sent using the MyHouse plugin - do you have that?
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

spankyboy10

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 09:32:51 AM »

Yes..... I have all the plug ins.....Did you have to change any firewall settings.... I still get emails from the x10 gateway about 6 hours after the event. I tried to force the transmission setting to anything other than auto and it doesn't seem to work. Tuicemen says there is a bug in onAlert where AHP does a random transmission in (Auto, SMTP, X10 Gateway) and no way to force it to one or other.  So, far the X10 gateway is the only email message I get.... Can you tell me more about your system. Maybe, its just a simple thing I need to adjust.

Thanks
Dale

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 01:39:50 PM »

Under MyHouse on the menu bar in AHP, there is "Email configuration"
In there there is "Your name" and "Your email address"

In mine, I have "PajamaGuy" and "PajamaGuy@gmail.com"

I send as default to another one of my email accounts, "Dave@gmail.com"
When I trigger an email, Dave@gmail gets the email - in the "FROM" field is "PajamaGuy@gmail.com"

In the message body, after whatever message I'd entered is:
"This message was sent by the MyHouse Internet Plug-in for X10 ActiveHome Pro. "
----------------------------------------------------------------
When you get a message, is it FROM the email address you put in - or is it FROM X10?

Other than running AHP as Administrator, and selecting "Always allow" when I first AHP and the plugins, I haven't touched the firewall.
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.