Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Transceiver Ranges  (Read 2761 times)

enlite

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Transceiver Ranges
« on: February 18, 2008, 02:27:16 PM »

What are the ranges for the x10 mini transceivers?

I have 2 Lamp modules, 4 WS467 modules and 1 mini transceiver in my house and I can't find a central location in my house where I can control all devices with the palm pad.

Should I add more mini transceivers?

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Transceiver Ranges
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 07:59:03 PM »

I have 2 Lamp modules, 4 WS467 modules and 1 mini transceiver in my house and I can't find a central location in my house where I can control all devices with the palm pad.

Should I add more mini transceivers?

You can do that, but the problem is there are likely to be some locations in the house where more than one transceiver will receive the signal and they'll all start talking at once, resulting in a corrupted powerline signal.  Your best bet is to get a high gain all-housecode transceiver like the WGL V572 (http://www.wgldesigns.com) and mount it in your attic.  However if you decide to just go with a second inexpensive transceiver, get a RR501 rather than another TM751.  The RR501 is "polite" and will tend to wait until your existing TM751 finishes yakking before it starts talking.  (However it's not foolproof.)

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Transceiver Ranges
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 08:12:57 PM »

Actually the range of the PalmPad to the TM751 is generally pretty darn good!

You didn't mention it in your list... are you using any kind of Phase Coupler(s)?

It could be... some of your devices are on one phase.. and some on the other. Moving your TM751 around allows you to connect with one phase.. or the other. You can test this.. as the TM751 has a relay activation on unit code 1 of whatever house code your using. Plugging a lamp or night-light into the TM751 will allow you to test the TM751/Palmpad range.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.