Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: need suggestions  (Read 4540 times)

wn31682

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
need suggestions
« on: February 19, 2008, 12:45:40 PM »

I am looking to setup a x10 system and these are my requirements.

I want basically a outdoor camera system with night vision which will play to TV and Computer.

I want a system which is a logical operator to do "What If" scenarios. 

Motion detector walk thru on whole house.  Lights on and then off at predetermine delay.

Control over all lights ( does it monitor lights to see which ones on and one off?)  Then turn on or off ones that ar not in sequence.

Can I control multiple receivers with one transmitter?

Hook up to alarm system Honeywell Vista 20p to flash all lights in house and outside except for master bedroom which will be turned on steady in the event of an alarm.

I like the AHP software but have not heard to many good responses about it.  I do not want my computer running 24/7. 

My house is 2 story with about 17 sq ft up and down.  will need at least 2 or 3 outdoor cameras to cover. 

Also want motion detector which turns on camera to notify me inside that someone has approached and to turn TV on to see outside.

Thanks so much in advance.

Waldo

DeltaNu1142

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: need suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 01:02:12 PM »

So you want your system to be "Where's Waldo" capable, eh?

Well...  my post count is low, but so are my X10 problems, mostly due to the fact that I don't post the same question in multiple places, and I most often find my answers by searching.  I hope that helps...
CM15A with modded antenna - AHP & Smart Macros - IR543 - RR501s - cameras, switches, and sensors oh my!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: need suggestions
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 05:30:03 PM »

I am looking to setup a x10 system and these are my requirements.

Unless you plan on doing a little R&D.... it would be best to organize your requirements around known available technologies.

I want basically a outdoor camera system with night vision which will play to TV and Computer.

Cameras on TV's aren't new.... X10 doesn't make a true night-vision camera. Night-vision cameras have there draw-backs also... another post.

I want a system which is a logical operator to do "What If" scenarios. 

Active Home Pro (the CM15A with AHP software) will do that.

Motion detector walk thru on whole house.  Lights on and then off at predetermine delay.

Yeah... X10 does that... ether via AHP.. or just motion sensors.

Control over all lights ( does it monitor lights to see which ones on and one off?)  Then turn on or off ones that ar not in sequence.

AHP can remember up to 16 unit codes on 1 House Code.

Can I control multiple receivers with one transmitter?

I don't understand the question.

Hook up to alarm system Honeywell Vista 20p to flash all lights in house and outside except for master bedroom which will be turned on steady in the event of an alarm.

I don't know anything about your Honeywell Vista Alarm system. There is an X10 powerflash unit that can connect to many alarms.

I like the AHP software but have not heard to many good responses about it.  I do not want my computer running 24/7. 

Basic (complex) AHP functions run from the interface once programed... and do not need to be connected to the PC once  programed.  At this time in history.... the best way to have real processor power... is to run a computer.

My house is 2 story with about 17 sq ft up and down.  will need at least 2 or 3 outdoor cameras to cover. 

I run several cameras. They auto-switch to my TV. I also have images emailed to me when cameras are triggered motion.

Also want motion detector which turns on camera to notify me inside that someone has approached and to turn TV on to see outside.

Can be done... I have used a VCR Commander to turn ON a TV.

PLEASE NOTE: I am not sure what the limits of Home Automation technology are... I am not sure anyone does. Just about anything I can think of to do can be done .. and I have a good imagination. Limits are generally.... controlled by cost.

From reading your "requirements list" I get the impression that you haven't done much homework. This is a Community Forum of X10 users.. we can't design a system for you... or quote you a price. But with over 10,000 forum members.. and more than 50,000 posts... I think you can see X10 Home Automation technology really does work.

The best way to learn about this.... is just take a chance and buy a small package "deal" from the 10.com Web Site.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 06:28:49 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.