Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can I use 2 PHR03 remotes to run lights?  (Read 2947 times)

Hoonose

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can I use 2 PHR03 remotes to run lights?
« on: February 21, 2008, 10:01:55 PM »

I want to remotely control some outdoor lights from either end of the house. I have a PHR03 pad, and plan to use socket rockets out side. Will I have to press an individual button on the pad for each light, or can they be grouped somehow? And can I use an identical pad at the other end of the house to run the same lights?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Can I use 2 PHR03 remotes to run lights?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 08:08:48 AM »

Where are the RF Transceiver going to be? The PHR03 [X10 HR12A] send RF commands that a transceiver receives and then send powerline signals back to the modules.
Transceivers like the Pro PAT01 or X10 TM751 or RR501 can be used to receive the commands from the PHR03.

The address set in the Socket Rocket can determine how the remotes can control them. Any module on the same address can be controlled by the same button on a remote and both remotes can have the same house code. The remote has 16 unit code buttons 1-8 and 9-16. So how you pick the settings can determine how the setup works.

Hoonose

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 09:35:16 AM »

I only have one PAT01 in the kitchen. Will I need on at the bedroom end of the house too?
So the socket rocket has an address that can be specifically set?
And each button on the PHR03 has a specific code for a specific address?

If so, I could run all socket rockets as a group with either PHR03?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 03:11:04 PM »

X10 devices use an address of a house code and unit code. Many set by a small dials on the unit.

The PAT01 has a House Code Wheel A-P. So does the PHR03. Choose a House Code and set both to the choice.

Lets say you use B. The PHR03s push buttons will then be B1 to B8 with the little bottom switch on 1-8 and B9-B16 when set to 9-16.

The Socket Rocket is slightly different to set. You turn on the power to it and with in 30 seconds sent an on signal three times.
Like if you want it to be B2. For easy of programming it can be done in a local lamp and then moved to the final place as it remembers the setting. Turn on the lamps switch and use the remote to send what button you want to use three times. In the B2 case set the PAT01s House Code wheel to B and use the #2 position On button.
You can have more than one module set to the same address and any X10 controller set to that address can control it.

Will you need another PAT01 is best found by testing. If the powerline signals get to all the modules and the remotes can send their signals to it also. One maybe all you need or you may need two. Having two on the same house code can sometimes be a problem if some areas of the setup if the remotes in some areas can trigger both. Though I know some here use two for better whole setup coverage. Testing maybe the key. Try one and see what happens.

Hoonose

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 03:37:25 PM »

Excellent!
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 06:23:20 PM »

You are welcome.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.