Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Getting the ahp to arm security  (Read 6142 times)

Stanleym

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Getting the ahp to arm security
« on: February 22, 2008, 07:44:03 AM »

Now that I have my remotes programed, How do I set it up to arm the system when I'm not home do I create macros to do this, Thank you guys for helping me once again.  Slowly but surely I will get the hang of this

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Getting the ahp to arm security
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 08:32:11 AM »

This thread explains what to do: Arming DX7000 via a Macro

If you still have questions, let us know.

Stanleym

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 09:48:13 AM »

When I trigger the macro nothing happens the macro is as follows using the keychain
1. trigger condition kr10a keychain
2. arm instant nothing happens

When I put the ds7000 in learn mode and run the macro nothing happens, please help...lol

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 10:35:11 AM »

Just to be clear, you have to run the macro manually (click it with the mouse) and not trigger it with the remote while the DS7000 is in Install Mode.

Also, you may have a distance issue with the CM15A transmission not reaching the DS7000 (?)

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 10:42:31 AM »

Need to add $.02 - Does this count as one of the 8 remotes, Puck?

If so, Stanleym, it's easy to eat up the 8 slots on the DS7000 with multiple trys, and that requires unplug, remove the battery, wait a few minutes, and reinstall everything.

PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 11:26:33 AM »

I thought the manual stated that you could have up to 16 remotes, and up to 16 (door/window and motion detectors).  That's for the DS7000.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 11:29:14 AM by JMac »

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 11:56:16 AM »

Need to add $.02 - Does this count as one of the 8 remotes, Puck?

Yes it would count... good catch as to another possible reason.

I thought the manual stated that you could have up to 16 remotes, and up to 16 (door/window and motion detectors).  That's for the DS7000.

The way the manual states it is a little ambiguous. It says a combination of up to 8 keychain and 8 handheld security remotes. So is it 8 of each, or 8 in total?

Since they say up to 16 door/window sensors and up to 16 motion detectors, and we know there are only 16 zones available, I would guess that 8 is the maximum number of remotes. I only have 4 keychain, 2 handheld & 1 from OnAlert for a total of 7, so I can't test to see if more than than 8 are possible.

PajamaGuy

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 01:24:39 PM »

From the manual - page 4: *Note: Remotes may be added in any combination up to a total of 8 Door/Window
Sensors and Motion Sensors may be added in any combination up to a total of 16.

...but I had a SecurityRemote that beeped when INSTALLED on the DS7000, however it wouldn't control the DS7000 until I reset and reinstalled everything from scratch.
PajamaGuy
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

JMac

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 04:23:13 PM »

I must have an old manual (or X10 Inc. made another secret change).  My page four says: "*Note: Remotes may be added in any combination up to a total of 16.  Door/Window Sensors and Motion Detectors may be added in any combination up to a total of 16.)  The back of the manual date(?) is:  DS7000_h11498a_161202 Supervised Security System.
Also, the KR10A Set Up and Operating Instructions states: "You can install any combination of Remote Control types for a total of up to sixteen remote Controls.  For example, you can install eight Key Chain Remotes and eight Security/Home Automation Remotes (SH624) or any other combination for a total of sixteen."  dtd KR10A-8/02
Maybe another change unknown to many....................
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 05:16:31 PM by JMac »

Stanleym

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 11:52:13 PM »

I'm still having problems maybe I'm creating the macro wrong the macro is as follows using the sh624
1. conditions (arm state) on the macro i used the pull done menu that says arm home
2. I flip the dx7000 to install nothing happens I do not here the beep (I only have two remotes installed)
I tried moving the ahp module to no avail, Oh the motion sensor macro works making the lights come on
Can some one please help: Am I setting up the macro wrong Please Please Help

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 12:51:44 AM »

Here is a sample macro for Arming: Here's what I've done to arm via macro

If it still does not work, you might have a distance issue.

PajamaGuy

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 07:13:50 AM »

Stanleym-

Your first issue is to get the macro module to register in the DS7000.  Because I don't see a screen capture of your AHP,
1. You must first tell AHP you have a security remote - and you have to install it into AHP.
2. Then you can create a macro -  in the SECURITY tab of the macro designer, there are 4 modules, "Arm Home", "Arm Home - Delayed", "Arm Away", and "Arm Away-Delayed".  When you pick one, the drop-down will contain the security remotes you've registered with AHP.
3, Then you switch the DS7000 to install and run the macro the first time.  The DS7000 should ding.  Then set the DS7000 to Run 1 or 2 and you can continue tweaking the elements of the macro, but the important thing is that the Security Remote you registered in AHP and installed in DS7000 is now a real "THING".

Question:  Arming via AHP - does anyone's AHP actually indicate the system is armed (via the armed icon?)
and Does AHP recognize the "Armed" condition?

PajamaGuy
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

JMac

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 08:44:40 AM »

From my experience I can arm the DS7000 and OnAlert with a macro (both for Home and Away), but the icon will not change from the "unlock" icon.  I thought it was established here on the forum that the icon (unresponsive) was a programming fault.  In my macro to arm I have a light come on, which indicates (kinda) that OnAlert is armed.  It's easy to monitor all of this with VNC, Logmein, etc. 
Obviously, you can modify a Keychain Remote attached to an Universal module to Arm Away.  The ultimate "work around"...............

PajamaGuy

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2008, 08:54:21 AM »

It's not just the icon - in my testing, the condition "Armed...." doers not show armed if the arming is done via macro.

I also use flags & phantoms & email for indicators - and I love LogMeIn!

PajamaGuy
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

JMac

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2008, 09:12:07 AM »

That's what I meant  - the "unlock" icon will not change to either the "doors" or the "red house" with arming through AHP.  When armed I can activate one of the motion detectors or window/door sensors and activate the sytem, so I know the system was armed prior to activation, but the OnAlert icon does not change when armed.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.