Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Weak Signal  (Read 27849 times)

jimw345

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Weak Signal
« on: February 23, 2008, 12:59:03 AM »

Finally got showtime software loaded , hooked up and running. The signal is weak, with reciever 5 feet away, from transmitter, in open area, the picture is poor. Thirty feet away through one wall, pure garbage. As is the system is unusable, anyone have any suggestions?    Jim

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Weak Signal
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 02:53:26 PM »

................. the picture is poor. ........... through one wall, pure garbage.

I have the VGA audio/video sender/receiver... Although to be honest I do believe the results I get from regular video sender is slightly better... I would NOT call my VGA's senders results POOR.

The sender/receiver units do take a little tweaking
. Much has been posted here regarding the sender/receivers... the same information applies to the VGA unit. If you can provide a more descriptive definition of your problem... we may be able to more quickly help you fine a solution.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 07:38:59 PM »

Also let us know if you have a 2.4 Ghz. coredless phone or wireless network. Both are known to cause interference. Checking that both are on the same channel would also be a thing to check.

jimw345

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 10:17:06 PM »

I have eliminated the phones and wireless by turning them off, with little if any change. Double checked all connections, everything according to instructions. I have a spare reciever, same results. It all points to weak transmission, I have not given up, just thought someone may have a suggestion.    Jim

zach1234

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 11:14:50 PM »

I am haveing the same problem too. I am planing on sending it back. I dont get it. My video Sender works but this dosent.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 06:24:17 PM »

I have eliminated the ........ wireless by turning them off, ....................

Unplugging the wireless router as a test is good. But also remember anything that would normally talk with the router (a laptop, wireless desktop, or maybe even an Xbox) can be generating a data stream trying to communicate with the router.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.