Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15a antenna  (Read 2741 times)

Stagmeyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
CM15a antenna
« on: March 15, 2008, 04:24:32 PM »

Hi EVERYONE.
    I'm a newbie and getting hooked on this stuff, I greatly appreciate the knowledge of the people in the help forum, and have used many of the Mods. I have one question about the CM15a antenna. When i went to extend the antenna, I opened the case and there appears to be a second antenna inside (a gray wire). Can anyone tell me what this is for. I contacted X-10 and their tech people didn't even know what I was talking about. It was probably somewhere on a post, but after reading for about three days straight I missed it.
    Any help would be appreciated!  TIA
P.S. Right now my CM15as (I have two due to one over  heating and being replaced) only respond to a signal about 6 feet away, and they are not hooked up at the same time. My TM751s pick up from about 200 yards with no mods.

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
Re: CM15a antenna
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 04:57:39 PM »

Hi EVERYONE.
    I'm a newbie and getting hooked on this stuff, I greatly appreciate the knowledge of the people in the help forum, and have used many of the Mods. I have one question about the CM15a antenna. When i went to extend the antenna, I opened the case and there appears to be a second antenna inside (a gray wire). Can anyone tell me what this is for. I contacted X-10 and their tech people didn't even know what I was talking about. It was probably somewhere on a post, but after reading for about three days straight I missed it.
    Any help would be appreciated!  TIA
P.S. Right now my CM15as (I have two due to one over  heating and being replaced) only respond to a signal about 6 feet away, and they are not hooked up at the same time. My TM751s pick up from about 200 yards with no mods.

Check out this post and follow the link it contains for even more information:

http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=14553.msg81317#msg81317
Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.

Stagmeyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: CM15a antenna
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 06:17:03 PM »

THANKS Oldtimer,
           I saw that and missed it If it weren't for guys like you, guys like me would have a lot of x-10 stuff thrown in their woods (garbage) by now.

THANKS again,
           Stagmeyer

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.