Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Unit Code question  (Read 5170 times)

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Unit Code question
« on: March 01, 2008, 05:52:30 PM »

Can a wall switch (the 2 wire single switch) and a socket rocket be on the same house and unit code?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Unit Code question
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 06:15:24 PM »

Can a wall switch (the 2 wire single switch) and a socket rocket be on the same house and unit code?

Multiple modules can be set to the same house & unit codes. You just lose the ability to control them separately.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 06:34:18 PM »

Sure you can. I have a few modules on the same House/Unit code myself.
Only thing I can think of that could be a problem. Is if you had a few Two Way modules on the same address and did a Status Request.

DeltaNu1142

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 04:07:01 PM »

Multiple modules can be set to the same house & unit codes. You just lose the ability to control them separately.
Well...  you lose the ability to control them separately remotely.  The wall switch lamp could be controlled locally on/off, but both modules would respond to one remote command (A1 ON, for example).  That might be a desired result?
CM15A with modded antenna - AHP & Smart Macros - IR543 - RR501s - cameras, switches, and sensors oh my!

PrimeGuild

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
    • Software Solutions
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 04:04:04 PM »

As everyone said, you just lose the ability to control them independently. As far as the functionality is concerned, you can have the whole house run on A1 :P

Mr Bob

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 11:00:23 AM »

We just added a new exterior light (WS12A) near our new patio  ;D , and assigned it the save house/unit code as the exterior light (also WS12A) at our deck (B6).  (I am out of unit codes on house code B . . .)  Do I (should I?) need to add the new module to the desktop in AHP, since there is already one there for the deck light B6?

I would prefer to have them controlled independently of each another, but all 16 codes on B are already assigned.  Might this be a good time for a macro?  Is that the BEST way to go??  It's important to be able to control the lights with a remote.

Thanks!
Cheers!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Bob H.
Southern Maryland

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 12:10:09 PM »

Not sure what you are asking, so this is a "For What It's Worth" answer.
Until you assign a new HC to the exterior light switch, you can not control them independently. Since you have AHP and the CM15A there should be no problem with assigning a new HC, the CM15A will tranceive all 16 HCs.  Although you will need an extra RF remote operating on the new HC. BTW Smarthome.com has plug in controllers that have five programable buttons, each button can be programed for different HC-UCs. They are handy when spanning multiple HCs. They are #4071

As far as creating a new module icon for AHP, it will be needed when you can change the exterior light switch to a new HC. Until that time, having a new module icon for the exterior light isn't necessary but does help organize the system.
FWIW
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 12:18:10 PM »

We just added a new exterior light (WS12A) near our new patio  ;D , and assigned it the save house/unit code as the exterior light (also WS12A) at our deck (B6).  (I am out of unit codes on house code B . . .)  Do I (should I?) need to add the new module to the desktop in AHP, since there is already one there for the deck light B6?

As long as you have the option set in preferences for AHP to allow more than one module to occupy an address, then add it in. As dave w stated, it's good to display it in AHP for your own reference.

I would prefer to have them controlled independently of each another, but all 16 codes on B are already assigned.  Might this be a good time for a macro?  Is that the BEST way to go??  It's important to be able to control the lights with a remote.

Now is the time.  :D

If you run out of "B" units, then you can place the modules on another house code and still control them with a remote set to "B". steven r posted an example of doing this here: Redirected Command

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 09:06:21 PM »

Is if you had a few Two Way modules on the same address and did a Status Request.

I don't have that problem with mine.  Well, as long as they are all reporting the same status since AHP ends up using the last status received.  :D

Status return handles collisions.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 09:12:31 PM »

As everyone said, you just lose the ability to control them independently.

Though, if you have an old module and a new module set to the same house/unit code, the new module can be controlled independently by use of extended commands which will be ignored by the old module. 

I use this trick in my living room with using one (old) LM465 and one LM14A.   ;D
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.