Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HC30WD vs WS467  (Read 4885 times)

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
HC30WD vs WS467
« on: March 01, 2008, 05:56:12 PM »

What's the difference between them?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: HC30WD vs WS467
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 10:19:44 PM »

Nothing.  The  HC30WD is an RCA branded wall switch, no longer made.  The WS467 is the standard X10 wall switch.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

birdzeye

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 09:22:19 AM »

I would like to purchase the one that can be dimmed or brightened right from the wall switch, and which stays on the last brightness level that it was at before it was turned off. Which one is it when I'm ordering? I picked one up from 'The Source Circuit City' but it is not working the way I want even though it looks exactly like the WS467.
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 10:21:56 AM »

I would like to purchase the one that can be dimmed or brightened right from the wall switch, and which stays on the last brightness level that it was at before it was turned off. Which one is it when I'm ordering? I picked one up from 'The Source Circuit City' but it is not working the way I want even though it looks exactly like the WS467.
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

The "new" WS467's do retain brightness levels (if you read the extensive thread on it.)    A standard  HC30WD/WS467 can be turned on a dim level by AHP, but the push button turns the light on a full brightness.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 04:00:08 PM »

birdseye

To be safe, order WS467 directly from X10. Some distributers may still have old stock.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

birdzeye

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 07:50:24 AM »

The "new" WS467's do retain brightness levels (if you read the extensive thread on it.)    A standard  HC30WD/WS467 can be turned on a dim level by AHP, but the push button turns the light on a full brightness.

Dan Lawrence,
The new ws467 DOES NOT dimm locally NOR does it retain brightness levels. I  just bought some, and they are quite disappointing. The x10 callcentre supervisor told me this is inaccurate info from the forums, and that the WS467 DOES NOT...I repeat...DOES NOT dimm locally or retain brightness. If any of you knows something more about exactly which model of light switch does have these features I would like to know, and probably x10 sales dept people should be told about it so someone like me doesn't have to go through this kind of frustration again.

jtykal

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • It was working fine yesterday...
    • Casa Bella - Vacation Condo in Fort Myers, FL
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 09:49:00 AM »

I just bought some WS12A paddle-type dimmer switches from X10-warehouse on eBay. These have the soft ramp-up/ramp-down response to ON/OFF commands, can be locally dimmed/brightened, and remember their last brightness level when turned ON. My only complaint about them is that they are extremely "deep" (over 1.5" in the box) and wouldn't fit in one of the j-boxes I wanted to install one in. Had to keep an old WS467 in there...
AHP-CM15A(ext.ant)-SmartMacros-OnAlert-DoorMonitor(custom)-Win7

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 12:14:21 PM »

From what we have seen. The results are mixed some do some do not. I believe X10 just ships what is in the next box in the warehouse. I have some Lamp Modules that do not soft start with a date Code between two codes known to be soft start.
Many of the representative are in the dark as much as we are here.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.