Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: how to install 13 already installed door/window sensors in AHP  (Read 29489 times)

newbeeX10User

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I have already installed 13 door/window sensors and 3 motion sensors with Protector Plus, How do I install all of them with ActiveHome Pro? ???

If I only register Protector plus (PS561), will ActiveHome Pro have all the information about all the sensors from PS561??

please advise..... :o

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: how to install 13 already installed door/window sensors in AHP
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 04:44:42 PM »

If I only register Protector plus (PS561), will ActiveHome Pro have all the information about all the sensors from PS561??

No. You need the OnAlert plug-in for using security sensors in AHP; then you need to install each device individually.

newbeeX10User

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 10:11:53 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion..so that means even though I install Protector Plus (PS561) in AHP, by turning on the ps561 will not arm/disarm all the sensors, I have to arm/disarm each sensor individually... ::)

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 10:56:09 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion..so that means even though I install Protector Plus (PS561) in AHP, by turning on the ps561 will not arm/disarm all the sensors, I have to arm/disarm each sensor individually... ::)

It appears you are already receiving help on the same topic here: Cannot Install PS561 on Active Home Pro

newbeeX10User

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 11:16:54 PM »

not really, since I cannot install ps561, I cannot use all the sensors just by turning on the ps561....

Is there any way to turn on ps561 from AHP??

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 08:20:02 AM »

not really, since I cannot install ps561, I cannot use all the sensors just by turning on the ps561....

Is there any way to turn on ps561 from AHP??

In your other thread, JMac has answered that question. I think it's best to use that one thread for all posts to help you with this problem.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 03:12:39 PM »

newbeeX10User: since your original question
I  have already installed 13 door/window sensors and 3 motion sensors with Protector Plus, How do I install all of them with ActiveHome Pro?
wasn't completely answered:
    [li]Turn you motion sensors so they can't see movement[/li]
    [li]Open OnAlert and create a module for a sensor [/li]
    [li]A screen will appear looking for a signal from it[/li]
    [li]Go to that sensor and press the test button[/li]
    [li]If AHP sees the signal from the sensor a screen will appear stating that sensor has been installed[/li]
    [li]Repeat for each sensor[/li]

[/list]
    Please Read Topic:
    General Forum Etiquette
    Before you post!

newbeeX10User

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 08:15:18 PM »

thanks for the update... I will try this... ::)

Geewiz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
    « Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 07:04:28 PM »

newbeeX10User: since your original question
    I  have already installed 13 door/window sensors and 3 motion sensors with Protector Plus, How do I install all of them with ActiveHome Pro?
    wasn't completely answered:
      [li]Turn you motion sensors so they can't see movement[/li]
      [li]Open OnAlert and create a module for a sensor [/li]
      [li]A screen will appear looking for a signal from it[/li]
      [li]Go to that sensor and press the test button[/li]
      [li]If AHP sees the signal from the sensor a screen will appear stating that sensor has been installed[/li]
      [li]Repeat for each sensor[/li]

[/list]

I have 9 DS10A sensors registered with the DS7000 console.  All sensors work as expected and will sound alarm accordingly. 

Withing AHP I have OnAlert installed.  Within AHP I have installed the module for the DX7000 and have installed a module for one DS10A.  When I click "Install" on the DS10A sensor module, I get a window pop up telling me to press the test button on the desired sensor.  I do so, the ding-dong notice sounds on the console, but nothing happens within AHP.  It never "sees" the signal. 

I'm beating my head against the wall here... any help and or ideas greatly appreciated!

Puck

• Advanced Member
      « Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 08:23:58 PM »

When I click "Install" on the DS10A sensor module, I get a window pop up telling me to press the test button on the desired sensor.  I do so, the ding-dong notice sounds on the console, but nothing happens within AHP.  It never "sees" the signal. 

I'm beating my head against the wall here... any help and or ideas greatly appreciated!

Most likely you have run into an issue with the poor reception range of the CM15A's antenna. How far is the DS10A from the CM15A? You may need to look at some of the posted options for improving the CM15A's antenna.

Geewiz

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 09:29:07 PM »

When I click "Install" on the DS10A sensor module, I get a window pop up telling me to press the test button on the desired sensor.  I do so, the ding-dong notice sounds on the console, but nothing happens within AHP.  It never "sees" the signal. 

Most likely you have run into an issue with the poor reception range of the CM15A's antenna. How far is the DS10A from the CM15A? You may need to look at some of the posted options for improving the CM15A's antenna.

Hmmm.. I've done the antenna mod on the CM15 and get good response from the palmpad remotes.  The door sensor I'm trying to register is just 15 ft away.  I just tried to register the security remote virtually sitting on top of the CM15A and am getting the same experience! 

This is a long shot: the laptop the CM15 is plugged into is plugged into a wireless access hub.  Laptop, CM15A, and Wireless hub all within a couple feet of each other.  Could this be a problem?

Puck

• Advanced Member
      « Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 11:01:37 PM »

This is a long shot: the laptop the CM15 is plugged into is plugged into a wireless access hub.  Laptop, CM15A, and Wireless hub all within a couple feet of each other.  Could this be a problem?

The DS10A sends a 310MHz signal; there should be no interference with your wireless network. If you have an X10 remote that works OK with your set up, then you can eliminate RF interference because they use the same frequency as the DS10A. Maybe give the CM15A a complete reset (unplug, remove batteries, re-power & download AHX file).

Geewiz

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 06:03:25 AM »

I'll give that a try!  Seems OnAlert won't accept any of my modules, including the security remotes.  Hopefully a reset, as you describe, will clear things up.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
      « Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 11:59:45 PM »

I'll give that a try!  Seems OnAlert won't accept any of my modules, including the security remotes.  Hopefully a reset, as you describe, will clear things up.

What antenna mod did you use? that's my only major complaint. Thanks!

Tom j

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
      « Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 05:11:24 PM »

I have 9 DS10A sensors registered with the DS7000 console. All sensors work as expected and will sound alarm accordingly.

Withing AHP I have OnAlert installed. Within AHP I have installed the module for the DX7000 and have installed a module for one DS10A. When I click "Install" on the DS10A sensor module, I get a window pop up telling me to press the test button on the desired sensor. I do so, the ding-dong notice sounds on the console, but nothing happens within AHP. It never "sees" the signal.

Hi Geewiz, You say that the console  made the sound when trying to install the first sensor with AHP but the software did not see the sensor. You then had your console set to install, It should be set to run 1 or run 2. The console has nothing to do with installing the sensor in On Alert. You installed the sensors on the console and if that worked and your remotes are coming in well to the Mod CM15 then you should have no problem getting them to install in OnAlert.
      hope that helps.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
      © Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.