Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Initial VK82A Installation  (Read 14552 times)

rosie6456

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Initial VK82A Installation
« on: March 09, 2008, 09:32:11 AM »

I must be a dufus but I cannot hookup the VK82A successfully. I even tried to follow the X10 online instructions to no avail. On my first try, I  connected the sender to the sending TV and the receiver to the receiving TV and all I had was snow on the receiving TV. I then tried connecting the sender to the digital box and I got the same results. I am obviously missing something or the unit is no good or I am a dufus--can someone tell me how (in easy to follow step by step instructions) to hook the VK82A for an idiot like me.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Initial VK82A Installation
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 09:48:27 AM »

I  connected the sender to the sending TV and the receiver to the receiving TV and all I had was snow on the receiving TV.

I then tried connecting the sender to the digital box and I got the same results.

I am not sure what a "sending TV" signal would be... but the cable box should work. I am listing my best set-up tips... hope they help.

• It may be best if you set-up a better test. Use an old VCR or a DVD player composite (yellow RCA) video out into the sender.
  • Make sure your using the correct power units with the correct device (sender/receiver).
  • Set the units and video source close to the receiving TV. That saves time and engery... and eliminates any signal problems.
  • Find the little "channel switches" and make sure both units (sender/receiver) are set on the same letter (try "A" or "D" first).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

rosie6456

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 11:19:23 AM »

thank you Dave X10L for your reply. By "sending TV" I mean the TV set that is attached to the cable box and is the original source of the programming. By "receiving TV" I mean the set that I am trying to get to receive the current programming on the cable-connected TV.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 11:55:15 AM »

thank you Dave X10L for your reply. By "sending TV" I mean the TV set that is attached to the cable box ........

Yes... I guess I figured as much. Although TV's generally have audio outputs... so external speakers can be added. I have never seen a TV with a "video output".... only video INPUTS.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.