Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15a  (Read 4996 times)

wcr

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
CM15a
« on: March 13, 2008, 11:22:25 AM »

It seems we all agree  CM15a has problems with RF reception range.The thought came to me ,what if I just cut the antenna off the Cm15 so it wont recieve at all and install the V572Ab this would allow the CM15 to recieve,store & execute timer comands from X10 pro  But allow V572 to execute comands from remotes.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: CM15a
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 11:46:12 AM »

...what if I just cut the antenna off the Cm15 so it wont recieve at all and install the V572Ab...

Doing this will not reliably solve the problem. As bad as the CM15A's reception is, just when you do not want it to receive, it will; and it will cause double signals & macro execution issues.

The best way to eliminate the CM15A reception completely is to disable its internal receiver. There are 2 ways to do this: by removing the receiver circuit's PCB power or applying the disable signal to the receiver's IC.

Alan V

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 11:46:53 AM »

It seems we all agree  CM15a has problems with RF reception range.The thought came to me ,what if I just cut the antenna off the Cm15 so it wont recieve at all and install the V572Ab this would allow the CM15 to recieve,store & execute timer comands from X10 pro  But allow V572 to execute comands from remotes.

You don't have to cut off the antenna.  Just make sure that no house code boxes are checked in the Transceived Housecode section of AHP.

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 11:49:07 AM »

You don't have to cut off the antenna.  Just make sure that no house code boxes are checked in the Transceived Housecode section of AHP.

Keep in mind that this will just prevent the RF signal from being sent back out onto the power line; it will not stop an RF signal from executing a macro.

Alan V

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 11:53:42 AM »

Keep in mind that this will just prevent the RF signal from being sent back out onto the power line; it will not stop an RF signal from executing a macro.

But only if the macros are written that way, correct?

If the poster is using a V572, then won't all of the received RF signals be translated to PLC commands (by the V572)?  In that case, the AHP macros should be written to trigger on PLC events.

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 11:56:02 AM »

But only if the macros are written that way, correct?

If the poster is using a V572, then won't all of the received RF signals be translated to PLC commands (by the V572)?  In that case, the AHP macros should be written to trigger on PLC events.

Unfortunately that is not an option in AHP.

I did request this ability to select trigger source in the recent wish list request by X10.

jtykal

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • It was working fine yesterday...
    • Casa Bella - Vacation Condo in Fort Myers, FL
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 12:20:43 PM »

Unless the V572 allows you to convert any received RF commands into a DIFFERENT house/unit code event on the PLC. Then, your macros would respond to these events, and you would have no macros for the original RF events. Can the V572 do this?
AHP-CM15A(ext.ant)-SmartMacros-OnAlert-DoorMonitor(custom)-Win7

Alan V

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 12:51:28 PM »

Unless the V572 allows you to convert any received RF commands into a DIFFERENT house/unit code event on the PLC. Then, your macros would respond to these events, and you would have no macros for the original RF events. Can the V572 do this?

It looks like the V572RF32 can re-map received RF security commands, but not regular RF house/unit code commands.

trol1374

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 03:37:38 PM »

I too HAD bad rf reception with the 15, by only get a few feet of range from it.  I put a piece of coat hanger, cut to 9.5" and scotch taped it along side the existing anntena (flush to the bottom of the exsisting) and now have range throughout my two story house.  No longer needed the rr501's I had on each floor.

wcr

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 04:36:36 PM »

I should note that I have made antenna mods and only got slight improvement in range.My home is rather large with most interior walls built of concrete & plaster what I need is a much better RF reciever.Cost is not major factor with in reason.Just need what will work best and nost reliably.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.