Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: AHP And CM11A  (Read 20021 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: AHP And CM11A
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 04:45:01 PM »

Ox40 Never did say how AHP was obtained without the CM15.   I know X10 USA won't sell it that way, but some third part outfit might.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 05:32:02 PM »

Ox40 Never did say how AHP was obtained without the CM15.   I know X10 USA won't sell it that way, but some third part outfit might.
So if the copy of AHP did come from a 3rd party, it makes you wonder what the 3rd party is doing with all the CM15As that it's suppose to be including with the software. I wonder if a 3rd party cheated him out of a CM15A or sold him a copy of AHP that can't be registered or updated. Also doesn't the AHP software have to downloaded? I've never seen a copy on CD.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 05:34:06 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 06:18:15 PM »

It is possible they have seen the free EU version that comes with the SmartMacros plug-in included!
The problem is it doesn't contain any North American modules and you still need a CM15, A or EU :(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 06:51:44 PM »

I looked at Ox40's profile and it shows his last post time as 3:30 PM so apparently he's in the Pacific Time zone, so we can rule out the European version.

Ox40

• Helpful Post Rating: -1
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 07:34:05 PM »

BTW... Someone asked and I didn't catch your response. How did you end up with a copy of AHP and not the CM15A that comes with it?

X10 support provided a link to s software download page that included, among other things, AHP.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 08:36:32 PM »

X10 support provided a link to s software download page that included, among other things, AHP.

Which isn't much use without the required Registration Code. 
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 09:37:46 PM »

BTW... Someone asked and I didn't catch your response. How did you end up with a copy of AHP and not the CM15A that comes with it?

How about posting the hotlink you received? That way we can see for ourselves.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 09:39:13 PM »

I looked at Ox40's profile and it shows his last post time as 3:30 PM so apparently he's in the Pacific Time zone, so we can rule out the European version.
Not true Dan! You don't have to be in Europe to have the EU version. I have it, and have test run it myself with a CM15A! ;)
Unless for some strange reason those in the pacific time zone can't access European sites or mine! ::) ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

zach1234

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 10:14:50 PM »

How much did he pay for JUST the software. I think you got ripped off.

Ox40

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 11:25:44 PM »

Dude, I did not pay anything for the software! See for yourself!
http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=4651.0
The second link to the 'update' installer is actually just the whole product installer. I installed to a blank directory and had a working copy of Active Home Pro up and running. From what I have seen, nothing DOESN'T work. I can add modules and do everything - except actually send commands because of my lack of a CM15A.  And no, I never got a prompt for a registration code.

zach1234

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 11:40:14 PM »

O I see. So why did you get the software then are you planing on geting a interface.

Ox40

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008, 11:59:16 PM »

I got the software because I thought it was backward compatible with the CM11A - no physical or electronic limitation exists that makes it impossible to make backward compatible.  The CM11A is the same as the CM15A if you are using a server - for all intents and purposes. Sure, it's response to RF might be faster, but other than that, it has nothing over the CM11A.  Guess I will just have to design a driver that creates a virtual USB device then translates commands to the COM port.  Just thought such a task would be easier and faster for the people who designed AHP.  But, they aren't interested in customers, they are interested in sales.
Say you buy a brand new car. Then, the next day, you find out that that car can not drive on the roads because someone put a couple of plastic cones in front of your driveway.  But, you can buy a BRAND NEW car that has a special CONE DEFLECTOR (and a third row of seats for the children - even though you don't have any) so that you can get over those cones!  This is the same situation as CM11A vs CM15A.  A customer-based company would remove the cones to keep old customers. A sales-based company (X10) would push the BRAND NEW 'car' upon everyone.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2008, 12:01:08 AM »

...I did not pay anything for the software! See for yourself!
http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=4651.0
The second link to the 'update' installer is actually just the whole product installer....
What version is your software? That looks like a link from way back in time far, far away when X10 was actually making updates to that software.
Latest US version is 3.204 unless you have OnAlert and then it's 3.206. <-- Corrected. Thanks Puck.
I can see how you would be a bit frustrated. Did you find the link at the forum yourself? If so, I congratulate you on your search skills. If someone at X10 referred you there, then they either didn't realize you didn't have the the CM15A or they appear to of shot themselves in the foot by sending you there.
The main problem with having AHP control the CM11A is that the CM11A is incapable of supporting most of the features that AHP has to offer. Other than possibly some 3rd party programs, the AH software gives you control of pretty much everything that the CM11A hardware is capable of doing.
To expand on Tuicemen's analogy, even if Bill Gates gave you a copy of Windows Vista you wouldn't be able to run it on a computer 4 years old. Older computers just don't have the hardware needed for Windows Vista.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 12:16:34 PM by steven r »
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2008, 12:15:10 AM »

...Say you buy a brand new car. Then, the next day, you find out that that car can not drive on the roads because someone put a couple of plastic cones in front of your driveway.  But, you can buy a BRAND NEW car that has a special CONE DEFLECTOR (and a third row of seats for the children - even though you don't have any) so that you can get over those cones!  This is the same situation as CM11A vs CM15A....
Not really. While I truly sympathize with you situation, expecting AHP to be backward compatible to the CM11A is like asking a hydrogen fueled car to be able to be also backward compatible and run on gas. At some point you have to give up backward compatibility for progress.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2008, 11:48:42 AM »

Latest US version is 3.204 unless you have on alert and then I think it's 3.207. (Someone will correct me I'm sure if I'm wrong.)

With OnAlert it's 3.206.  ;)

3.207 is the one we are all waiting for.  :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.