Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: voice control of x10 and computer  (Read 3448 times)

wcr

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
voice control of x10 and computer
« on: March 15, 2008, 08:43:07 AM »

After getting lighting & security systems to work .I want more.That is I want to control everything via voice command using a  headset I have allready decided to deligate a computer to the task and move all lighting and security to the dedicated pc .My problem is which voice program will give me what I want.My vision is to wake up the pc tell it to execute commands via headset.I have used dragon 7 in the past but wasn't happy with its day to day preformance.Is what I want to do feasable and is any one else doing this.

dahur

• Helpful Post Rating: 10
Re: voice control of x10 and computer
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 12:43:39 PM »

You should be able to do about whatever you want with BVC (Bill's Voice Commander).  It works very well with my X10 set up. I think a lot of the members here have it,  and have good things to say about it. 

I don't use a headset, but I have a wireless belt clip transmitter with a lapel mic from Nady systems($49, Dak.com),  that works great.
I don't wear it, it just sits on the table or somewhere I'm at, and I communicate with the computer that way. 3 in-wall speakers, liv rm, Basement,, and garage, let me hear BVC reply back.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 02:12:16 PM by dahur »

s0urc3f0ur

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 04:14:14 PM »

Dahur is correct a lot of users  use Bill's Voice Commander with their X10 setup. You can use it to control x10 devices, announce anything you could think of and make customizable responses. I have a lot  of fun with it.  I even Modified an intercom to be a 2 way interface for easy speaker and mic placement to use just for BVC!  I'm sure other will chime in with their great review of it.. and the best part is... BVC is free , it comes with a small nag but that can be corrected by donating to Bill( just to let him know you appreciate his hard work!) Have fun!

Jeff
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 04:22:28 PM by s0urc3f0ur »
X10 has brought me closer to my inner geek! But it has aslo made my wife look at me funny!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 04:17:51 PM »

.............Is what I want to do feasable and is any one else doing this.

What you want to do is completely Star-Trek futuristic... way-out-there... George Jetson like stuff.

And... I'ts really cool stuff too! Like dahur mentioned "a lot of the members here have it"... and I for one wouldn't want to go back to NOT having my BVC set-up.

You can read more about Bill's Voice Commander (BVC) here at the X10 forum:  http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=13870.0. Also visit my BVC Fan Site... I even have a YouTube Video so you can see just some of the things I do with my BVC.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 02:34:11 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.