Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: wireless audio/video sender & receiver system  (Read 32606 times)

bobemartin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
wireless audio/video sender & receiver system
« on: March 15, 2008, 11:54:00 AM »

I purchased the wireless audio/video sender & receiver system for my cable box. I followed the instructions and connected the sender to the output ports of the cable box with the cable and the receiver to the input ports of my VCR that is connected to my TV and powered both devices up.  There is no signal out on my Line2 video on the TV.  I have my security camera receiver on line1 and it is working  My camera system is on channel C and my TV wireless system is on Channel A.  I even unplugged my wireless camera system senders thinking they may be causing the problem, but that didn't help.  I would think using difference channels for my to systems would eliminate any interference problem between the system..  Will both wireless systems work without interfering with each other.  What am I missing.  I would love to have the wireless TV system, but I like my camera security system better.  since I disconnected my wireless camera system and still didn't get a signal it make me think the problem is something else.

Any thoughts

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: wireless audio/video sender & receiver system
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 03:31:17 PM »

Does the Cable Box have standard Composite Video and Audio Signals?
If you turn off the sender can you see video snow or audio noise from the receiver?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 03:45:40 PM »

............ connected the sender to the output ports of the cable box ...........and the receiver to the input ports of my VCR that is connected to my TV and powered both devices up. There is no signal out on my Line2 video on the TV. 
Any thoughts

If you connect a device (any device) to your VCR... you may need to use the VCR settings to select the input device location. (often times the VCR defaults to cable TV, channel 3) So the VCR may not be "seeing" the Video Receivers signal. Try connecting your video receivers RCA connectors directly to your TVs line 2 inputs to check.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 03:55:13 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

mick7

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 09:27:43 AM »

Dear Folks, I have recently purchased the X10 Wireless audio/video receiver. I Believe I have everything connected up properly. However I am experiencing No Audio and a crackling noise. I get a Great picture, with with interference lines through it though. Please Help. Thanks, Harold.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 12:36:41 PM »

Got a 2.4 GHz cordless phone or Wireless Network? Both are known to interfere with the X10 wireless cameras and sender receiver sets.

mick7

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 12:48:24 PM »

I have a cordless phone with 5.8 GHz. I do use a wireless router, don't most people have one these days?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 03:50:10 PM »

I have a cordless phone with 5.8 GHz. I do use a wireless router, don't most people have one these days?

Probably.... I run wireless broadband, cordless phones AND 2 channels of X10 wireless. Ok... I did go into my broadband router setting... and deselected the use of some parts of frequenticy (channels). And placing and pointing the sender/receiver does make a difference.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

mick7

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 01:51:24 PM »

Thanks guys for your input. However, I Really think it's something in the connections somewhere.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 06:20:09 PM »

OK to check if it is connections or a signal interference. Turn off the wireless network and see if it gets better. Someone here said their wireless had a scan for best connection thing that kept sweeping the bad and intermittently messed up the video and audio signals. If it is still bad you have then narrowed the problem to a bad connection or poor antenna aiming.

mick7

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 09:49:29 AM »

OK, Brian, I'll try that. If that's not the problem, I was thinking maybe one of the two of the RCA composite patch wires supplied with the set might be faulty. I'll check that too. Thanks, Harold.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 04:19:07 PM »

OK let us know what you find. Could also be the RCA Patch Cords.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 04:49:55 PM »

I searched the forum and found this post I remembered reading that you might find useful when using a wireless 2.4 cameras with wireless router and cordless phones.

http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=5852.msg57428#msg57428
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 04:54:17 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.