Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem With DS7000 Console Power Supply  (Read 4649 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Problem With DS7000 Console Power Supply
« on: March 15, 2008, 02:54:05 PM »

Hello guys just discovered that the power supply in the PS561 not secured down. In an earlier post please see below I said that my  PS561 stopped working what I discovered was that by the power supply not being secured it apparently shifted and created some kind of a short. If you pick up the console and shake is gently you're notice the power supply moves freely and doesn't appear it not anchored to anything and tends to move around so after the PS561 failed I just shook it a few times and the buzzing stopped. Why doesn't x10 secure the power supply so that it doesn't move around if you look at the Monitor Plus version and shake it you can clearly tell that the power supply is firmly secured. Anyone know how difficult it would be to open the case and secure the power supply to eliminate this problem. What I would really like to do is check the connections to the power supply and somehow firmly fix the power supply so that it wouldn't freely shift around in the case.

Tom j

My DS7000 Just Died!
http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=14794.0
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 09:25:22 PM by tom j »

tom j

Re: Problem With DS7000 Console Power Supply
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 06:24:21 PM »

Well just received a new PS561 console today USPS and I'll be packing it back up to send it back the problem???? well it's the voice chip same problem I had when I ordered the last one. Had to send the last one back twice before I got one that worked the problem with this one is the recording is very distorted and muffled along with a little electrical noise in the recording. If this thing is going out to a neighbor or friend I certainly what them to be able to understand the message this one is so muffled I'm not really sure so I'll have to box it up pay the additional postage and keep my fingers crossed that the next one will work properly. A little quality control could go a long way here!!   :-\ >:(

tom j

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 07:46:24 AM »

Thanks for the update. Sounds like a whole bad run of units as I doubt there is much QC from China.  ::)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 07:49:29 AM »

Thanks for the update. Sounds like a whole bad run of units as I doubt there is much QC from China.  ::)

Agreed 100%.     If you read the news,  that pops up pretty often lately.   :o :o :o :o

I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

tom j

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 04:12:49 PM »

Well update folks x10 sent me out another console so I didn't have to pay the shipping now that was nice of them only problem the one they sent that was suppose to be checked out doesn't work either this one will only allow you to program 3 phone numbers you're suppose to be able to program 4 so back this one goes to just at a complete lost for words  :o I know some folks think I bash x10 but when you have quality like this what else can you do the next one will be the third unit and I'm not at all even sanguine that this one will work either that's why unit they get some or should I say any kind of quality control they obviously have none that's why I can't really recommend these units.

Lets face it theses products are suppose to protect your valuables and loved ones  ;D yeah right  :-\ well there you have it that legendary Chines quality. I mean if you get  one that works fine but just look at the hassle you have to go through to achieve that, can't get my DSC system together fast enough still got to spend a couple of hundred but I bet I don't run into these types of problems NO CHINESE MADE COMPONENTS, NONE!!!!!!

Tom j
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 05:11:35 AM by tom j »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.