Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A  (Read 5473 times)

ccrabs

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15A
« on: March 26, 2008, 08:08:20 PM »

I have a CM15A problem.  Very intermittent. After 2 days to a month, it just quits working. At X10 's suggestion I disconnected the USB cable each time after I program it. I even put a torroid on the AC line into the box to block RF going in from ????? source.
When it quits, even the HR12A will not work it.  I took the batteries out, unplugged the AC, reinstalled both, reinstalled the program, downloaded to the interface and it works - for 2 days to a month. Then same thing.  The last time, I used the clean out from the tools menu, reloaded the program, downloaded it.  That was 2 days ago and it is still working.   I am using XP to control it.  When it goes into its transe, the manual boxes still control.   I have the signal booster , ( to 5v. ) in the AC junction box downstairs to increase the signal.   I use the repeat function on all controled events.  X-10 sent me a replacement CM15A and that one lasted 14 days until I had to clean it out and re-program, so it appears that the unit is not the problem.  It has now worked for the last 2 days.  I am the only house on my transformer and have underground power to that xformer for 1050 feet.  My nearest neighbor is about 300 feet away.
Has anyone else had this problem ?   Any Solutions ?
CCrabs@aol.com

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: CM15A
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 08:15:36 PM »

Mine does it too, though once every few months.  I have to do a clear memory, and reprogram it.  It then works fine for another few months.

I would suggest looking into power line interference, but you do mention that all your manual controllers continue to work fine.  So, that is probably not it.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 08:42:56 PM »

It has to be power line interference of some kind.  The HR12A talks to either a TM751 or a RR501 and if the OP says the HR12A won't respond, it might be noise from something. Is the HR12 plugged into the same outlet as the PC?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 12:05:20 PM »

It has to be power line interference of some kind.  The HR12A talks to either a TM751 or a RR501 and if the OP says the HR12A won't respond, it might be noise from something. Is the HR12 plugged into the same outlet as the PC?
Dan, a HR12A talks to the CM15A also. It still could be a CM15A lock-up problem. ccrabs said the manual boxes still control when the CM15a is locked up.

ccrabs: since you are having same lock up problem on two CM15As could you have an infrequently run macro causing the CM15a to lock up?

"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 12:52:04 PM »

ccrabs
There could be a number of things causing the lock ups as both dave w and Dan Lawrence have stated!
  • You don't state if you have any other transceivers (TM751, RR501 or something else) or repeaters? additional transceivers need to be configured in AHP correctly and that house code set to not transceive!

• You state you use the repeat option when sending all commands,Why? This will cause lockups and is only needed in rare situations and with a signal booster souldn't be needed!

• When you cleared the interface and reloaded did you also empty the AHP recycle bin? An old deleted macro can cause issues!

• Are all your devices configured in AHP correctly? If not that will cause problems!

• Have you inadvertently created a looping macro? Check them all to make sure one doesn't loop indefinitely!

• When you first installed AHP did you do it from a downloaded file or directly from the internet? Direct installs have potential for introducing errors!

• Did you upgrade from using the CM11A and import a CM11A file?
    Simple imports seem to work fine but many users have reported strange behaviour and had to rebuild their AHX files from scratch!

[/color][/b]
Hopefuly one of the above will help shed some light! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.