Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: audio surviellance via x10  (Read 4470 times)

fchin803

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
audio surviellance via x10
« on: March 24, 2008, 06:09:36 PM »

Hi,

Are there any recommendations that are cost effective for audio room monitoring via X10?

Thanks in advance,

Frank

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: audio surviellance via x10
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 06:17:31 PM »

Are there any recommendations that are cost effective for audio room monitoring via X10?

Can you give a little more detail? Are you trying to monitor a baby's room from a home office? Listen to larger kids while away at work over the Internet? Record sounds in certain rooms at certain times?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

fchin803

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 10:01:27 PM »

Yes, exactly monitoring a baby from the office.  We have a new baby sitter and want to make sure that the baby is ok.

Thanks,

zach1234

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 10:35:25 PM »

First off check you local codes and see if audio recording with out permition is allowed. In some states you can go to state prison for recording voices with out the persons consent. If in fact you found the baby sitter abusing the baby or stealing and theres audio you will be lucky if to court just shreads the tape and doest turn the lawsuit against you. This may also include audio monitoring. That's why newer cameras don't have audio and come with sign's that say "warning you are under CCTV". Just trying to help. I would check with the police department first then get back to us. I am not to sure about audio streaming with x10 on-line, but...

If you buy a normal webcam that has audio you can try a site called ustream.tv they have a password protect feature and the va11a will work with the ustram client (driver Wise).

Hope this helps.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 12:11:16 PM »

In some states you can go to state prison for recording voices with out the persons consent.

Is this true if you are doing it in your own home?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 04:44:31 PM »

Yes, exactly monitoring a baby from the office.  We have a new baby sitter and want to make sure that the baby is ok.

Thanks,

Are you looking at monitoring the whole house from the office or just one room?
Is the office in the home or else where?
If you content with just audio why not just get a baby monitor from Walmart? I'm sure it would be cheeper! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 08:43:03 PM »

Recording in your hiome will not get you in prison. But sometimes what is recorded won't hold up in court if the person doesn't know they are being recorded. But I would say if there is any doubt of the baby not being safe just fire the babysitter.

But there are companies making it rich by spying on babysitters...Like nanni cam
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

ispy

• Helpful Post Rating: -2
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 12:51:00 PM »

i didnt realize that you in your own home can't record voices, but then again pictures are worth alot of words. its funny how the good is bad and the bad are rewarded. well what comes around goes around but God speed anyway to those who work and try
better. Family first then all the rest follows.
save the voice on one tape turn in another that's muted(may it never come to that). :)
ispy

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.