Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help with Wired Camera and ActiveHome Pro  (Read 11958 times)

pvyaka01

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Help with Wired Camera and ActiveHome Pro
« on: January 06, 2008, 06:33:46 PM »

I've a wired camera SC16A that I hooked up to a video sender. I tested it out and the receiver works okay. I got the USB Video Adapter VA11A and hooked up the video receiver's video cable to this adapter. The device shows as X10 Video Capture in the device manager in XP, so, it doesn't appear to be a software issue (?).

The problem is, I'm trying to set up the camera in ActiveHome Pro. I dragged and dropped SC16A to the modules window. Well, no video at all! Also, Edit Module section has House Code and Unit Code drop-downs enabled for this...uh... there's not such thing for a wired color camera, right? What should these be set to? Or, am I doing something wrong in ActiveHome Pro? I got MyHouse online and, supposedly iWitness module (well, shows as installed and registered..). I cannot get any video at all. Please help! Thanks!

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Help with Wired Camera and ActiveHome Pro
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 11:45:13 AM »

pvyaka01: Did you get this resolved?

What are you using to turn the camera on/off? If it is permanently on then you should have no problems seeing the video in AHP.

If you are using an appliance module for controlling the power, then use that appliance module and set the appropriate HC/UC in AHP to control it.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.