Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 AHP fo Halloween Display Automation????  (Read 5490 times)

ShadowMan

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 AHP fo Halloween Display Automation????
« on: April 01, 2008, 02:30:34 AM »

Hullo all!

First time posting here and I have yet to purchase any X10 gear but was hoping to get your opinions... 

I am hoping to automate at least 3 different "scenes" in my annual Halloween display using motion activated flood lights, LED black lights and hopefully even sound files from a laptop.  Some of the specific effects I would like to set up are flights that  slowly fade in and out , a sound system that activates a flickering "lightning display" and fire couldrons that light up when people approach the front of the yard!

From reading  posts here I understand that activating sound files on a laptop using the macros are not as easy as I originally hoped??  Is there an easy way to do this  with oupgraded software or does it still require additional applications & command-line batch files etc???

ShadowMan

zach1234

Re: X10 AHP fo Halloween Display Automation????
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 12:18:15 AM »

Order AHP with all the plug ins just call x10 at 18006753044 they will be glad to steal (take) your money. Play with settings you will get it be patent.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 12:00:58 PM »

......From reading  posts here I understand that activating sound files on a laptop using the macros are not as easy as I originally hoped??  Is there an easy way to do this  with oupgraded software or does it still require additional applications & command-line batch files etc???

ShadowMan... Priority Support is correct: the Active Home Pro... with the full software suite... and a few X10 devices will really fix you up. It isn't completely plug-N-play... but it isn't overly complex ether.

I use BVC, a very inexpensive 3rd party add-on software to get announcements (voice ansd wav file). Read more about how to do this here at the forum. You can get a peak at some of what I do with the motion sensor triggered annoucements via a YouTube Video <link.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

s0urc3f0ur

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 06:34:24 PM »

From reading  posts here I understand that activating sound files on a laptop using the macros are not as easy as I originally hoped??  Is there an easy way to do this  with oupgraded software or does it still require additional applications & command-line batch files etc???

Assuming that you have or going to get AHP, triggering batch files is pretty easy using macros.   Simply use WInamp  with the Wacommand and CLamp plugins, Create a batch file to trigger a playlist(An example batch file  can be found by clicking here) then set a macro in AHP to trigger a pc command that executes the bat file you created. If you need help undrstanding how to create a bat file you can cliick Here for an easy to understand how to. Also some great ideas for Halloween by users can be found Here . You can also view m my own Poor man's Halloween prop by clicking this link.  Halloween is my favorite Holiday! I would love to see what you come up with this year  so feel free to post an update in October!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 06:44:03 PM by s0urc3f0ur »
X10 has brought me closer to my inner geek! But it has aslo made my wife look at me funny!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.