Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A locks up everyday – read solution  (Read 19584 times)

martin

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
CM15A locks up everyday – read solution
« on: March 31, 2008, 08:44:37 AM »

Tuicemen – can you add this in your great “Active Home Pro Just the Basics” thread – thanks!

Lately I have been reworking my AHP configuration and streamlining my macros. I found out that after uploading my configuration to the CM15A and moving it to its usual location in my house, it would not work for more than 24 hours – just locking up. Usual battery removal and interface clearing would solve the problem but again would not work for more than a day.

So I did a lot of trial and error with both my CM15A units (I have one from the early days of the diagnostic unit), changing my configuration many times and uploading / testing simple and incremental configurations. I also checked for any new interference that might be linked to the problem (i.e. my municipality new WiMax service, new wireless temperature monitor, etc...).

I finally was able to nail it down to the macro and some other interesting facts that were also mentioned in other threads (thanks to those contributors!):

1.   Do not use Time Interval in a condition of a macro – instead use a flag that is getting set or cleared through a timed macro.
2.   Do not use the same name for a macro and a module.
3.   Always empty your recycle bin.
4.   Each time you upload a new configuration; do a clear interface and purge macro event prior to.

Since I made the required modifications, my CM15A has been working flawlessly and now for about two weeks.

Hope this will help!

Martin  :)

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: CM15A locks up everyday – read solution
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 09:24:47 AM »

martin: Thanks for posting about the problem you have experienced and the tests you did to find the solution. Like you mentioned, those tips are scattered throughout the forum, but it is very helpful to see them associated with correcting an actual fault.

This post should help lots of people.  :)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 04:22:22 PM »

Thank you for the information. A helpful has been given by me.

martin

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 08:03:47 PM »

Thanks for your feedback Puck and Brian!

I also forgot to mention that my problematic macro was triggered by a sensor located in my bathroom.

Martin

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 04:44:18 PM »

Tuicemen – can you add this in your great “Active Home Pro Just the Basics” thread – thanks!
Done! ;)
Sorry for the delay, I was a way for a bit!
It is best always to PM me or another CO for requests as some times posts get missed espesially if one is away for a while! ;)
Also Any CO can Add to any of my help threads (in fact I think Expert Advisors can as well)!
The only request I make of them is that they also add the fact that "they" added the link so it shows a community effort! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

martin

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 05:05:04 PM »

Thanks Tuicemen!

Now I'm up to installing my newly ordered DS10A, Door / Window sensors.  :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.