Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP & WHS  (Read 7778 times)

truffshuff

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
AHP & WHS
« on: March 31, 2008, 06:35:41 PM »

Has anyone tried to use ActiveHome Pro with Windows Home Server?

I want to setup a windows home server, and I thought this would be a good spot to put AHP.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: AHP & WHS
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 07:14:59 PM »

Since HP's PC with Windows Home Server has no keyboard or monitor (it's administrated from a regular PC thats' on the home network) you can't install any applications on it. If you are going to install WHS on a ordinary PC, make sure it has the right motherboard, memory and CPU to run  WHS.

WHS is intended by Microsoft to be a multi-disk home server for data storage, not a beefed up PC with a lot of drive space.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

truffshuff

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 08:58:08 PM »

I thought that WHS supported plugins or something like that.  I was thinking that AHP can be installed as a plugin, or a special whs version.  I know the HP WHS, has an itunes plugin, so it could be extended to AHP.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 09:04:09 PM »

WHS is only for a Home Server, a PC that has a bunch of drives or a couple of large capacity drives.  According the the HP site, their machine with WHS installed  (WHS is an O/S) has no monitor or keyboard.  It says nothing about iTunes.

truffshuff

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 07:55:50 PM »

It doesn't mention it on the website, but the manual talks about the itunes plugin.  HP is one of the first to create a WHS product, but you can install WHS on any pc that you want.  I was just wondering if you can make AHP work with WHS, or if there is any development towards that kind of idea because the WHS machine would be on all the time, which would be perfect for AHP, and the security stuff.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 10:07:35 PM »

To install WHS on an ordinary PC, you must have a particular type of RAM and the motherboard to accept it, plus at least a PIII processor with sufficient speed or the installer will abort.

MS will sell you an evaluation copy of WHS for $6.95, BTW. 

merdzd

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 02:00:31 AM »

minimum hardware requirements for Windows Home Server as a 1GHz Pentium III with 512MB of RAM 60GB hard drive.
and you dont need keyboard to insttal software.
you can all remotely.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/bb981194.aspx

http://209.85.135.104/translate_c?hl=de&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&langpair=de%7Cen&u=http://www.ipshomecontrol.de/index.php&prev=/language_tools&usg=ALkJrhhr5KS8xWve7ke6HqtWlXIPZlsJsQ

phongluu

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 01:07:32 PM »

So, is AHP working with WHS?

BTW, you can install WHS on any computer as you want, WHS is just another OS base on Microsoft Server 2003.

Thanks,
P.L

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.