Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: bvc&cell phone  (Read 3989 times)

wcr

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
bvc&cell phone
« on: March 31, 2008, 07:39:02 PM »

I found a way to activate x-10 & bvc from anywhere. I'am using a nextel cell phone/ radio. I connected  phone to computer from headphone jack(2.5mm)to (3.5mm)cable from monoprice.com .now I can access every thing from any where and give commands and recieve responce . If your using a regular cell just set to auto answer and your in business. Down side a dedicated phone, but cell phones are cheep.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: bvc&cell phone
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 10:28:03 PM »

I found a way to activate x-10 & bvc from anywhere. I'am using a nextel cell phone/ radio. I connected  phone to computer from headphone jack(2.5mm)to (3.5mm)cable from monoprice.com .now I can access every thing from any where and give commands and recieve responce . If your using a regular cell just set to auto answer and your in business. Down side a dedicated phone, but cell phones are cheep.

What a cool and helpful idea!   8)

Thanks!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

zach1234

Re: bvc&cell phone
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 10:44:35 PM »

He got a positive for that.

wcr

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Re: bvc & phone X-10
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 07:13:40 PM »

I found another bvc remote access .Try this set your answering machine close to your microphone call your house wait for your greeting message to end and then give commands .Not as acurate as hard wire connect, but it works,or try this one ,If you have a land line phone with auto answer and head set plug use that (found one in a box in my garage).Dont forget to seperate your mic & earphone before connecting to computer(four wires, two for mic & two for ear phone).Than just have fun.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: bvc & phone X-10
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 01:25:53 AM »

I found another bvc remote access .Try this set your answering machine close to your microphone call your house wait for your greeting message to end and then give commands .Not as acurate as hard wire connect, but it works,or try this one ,If you have a land line phone with auto answer and head set plug use that (found one in a box in my garage).Dont forget to seperate your mic & earphone before connecting to computer(four wires, two for mic & two for ear phone).Than just have fun.

More very cool  8) and helpful ideas for remoting BVC voice commands!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.