Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Building multi Key macros  (Read 14384 times)

Starbuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Building multi Key macros
« on: March 31, 2008, 11:11:34 PM »

How do I get it to turn on the TV then select channel 945 for example.

I have everything working except the last step.  It only reads the first digit.

Any suggestions?

Starbuck

Re: Building multi Key macros
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 11:48:12 PM »

Ok, I think I figured that one out.

Here is the new variant.  How do I get the remote to start in one mode, say TV & finish in DVD or Cable?

I have read the manual, but is seems unclear other than making the macro under the device that you want to end up with.

I am hoping that there is another way to do so.

4plus3vette

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 11:38:08 AM »

Hey Starbuck,

I have not figured out how to do what you want to do, but I, too, wanted to do that.  So, here is what I did to work around it. 

I basically use one mode (or device) to control two devices - in my case, TV and satellite dish.  Since I use more of the keys from the Sat dish, I programmed the lower right device for my satellite receiver remote.  Then I reprogrammed a bunch of the buttons, for example, the number buttons using the learning function and the remote for the TV.  Up on the top section where the screen is, I programmed some macros which will switch between the TV input (and TV audio on my receiver) and the HDMI input (and the DTV/CBL audio on my receiver).

That is the basic idea to what I programmed, although I have programmed a bunch of other stuff too, but you should get the idea.

The main thing here for you is that you do not need to switch between devices if you are in this, kind of, hybrid mode for your device.

speedbugy

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 02:22:38 PM »

Starbuck, if you can explain a bit better on this one to what you want your results to be will try to help.

Starbuck

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 09:00:20 PM »

I would like to build macros that utilize existing programmed functions.   

Run a macro in Audio mode or TV mode, & the last step is to automatically change to VCR or DVD mode so that all thefunctions of the VCR or DVD player now work.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.