Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 4 cameras only one showing up  (Read 25844 times)

auct

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
4 cameras only one showing up
« on: April 04, 2008, 02:02:49 AM »

I have 4 cameras , AHP with iwitness. one camera shows up when i switch to the next one it is the same camera. Also i have 4 computers on a home network can i use them without connecting to myhouse ?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 02:07:44 AM by auct »

DeltaNu1142

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: 4 cameras only one showing up
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 08:54:34 AM »

I have 4 cameras , AHP with iwitness. one camera shows up when i switch to the next one it is the same camera. Also i have 4 computers on a home network can i use them without connecting to myhouse ?
How are you switching cameras?  Motion sensors?  You need to shut off the first camera when turning on another one.  Are all cameras on the same channel as the receiver?  You can receive the same video on all 4 computers if you have receivers connected to each one...  I'll quote someone else's post here...  "more info = more help."
CM15A with modded antenna - AHP & Smart Macros - IR543 - RR501s - cameras, switches, and sensors oh my!

x10challanged

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 09:18:57 AM »

Hi Auct, and welcome to the forums looks like this might be your first post.
As DeltaNu1142 said we would need more information about your set-up to properly help you.  I have 7 cameras viewed on 3 seperate computers and via the Internet.  There is a world of information in these forums and some really good people who can help. Let us know the following:
Camera set-up i.e.
Camera 1 - Xcam2 XX18A - plug set to H-1 - camera set to A
Camera 2 - Xcam2 XX16A - plug set to H-4 - camera set to A
etc
Receiver - VR-36A set to A
Also in case you do not know there are additional switches on the receiver and each camera for settings of A-B-C-D all cameras and the receiver require these switches to be set the same.  These switches are not the ones on the plug.
Once you have your cameras set-up in AHP be sure to save everytime you make a change.
Your cameras should automatically turn on and off based on the addresses you have set and when switching between views in AHP
Good luck

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 08:17:26 PM »

Also i have 4 computers on a home network can i use them without connecting to myhouse ?
Yes, depending on what you'd like to control! X10dispatcher will give them some control over X10 devices!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

auct

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 08:18:43 PM »

Ok all 4 camera's are XC10A with video receiver VR36A  the are set up on channel A each one 1-4. connected to computer with VA11A connected to the VR36A receiver. I also have a camera control system CR12A which I can use to switch between cameras on my security monitor I unhooked it when I couldn't get it to work but still only see one camera. Also I just want to watch the cameras on my other computers depending on which room I am in.
Thanks,
auct
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 08:20:52 PM by auct »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 08:29:33 PM »

auct Try disconnecting the cam that is always showing and see if the remaining cams work(switch) you may have a bad power supply! :(
Also try sending a off command to the cam that stays on to see if it will actually turn off! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

auct

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 12:47:19 AM »

ok the camera control system CR12A is just the remote number it is transceiver module. When I disconnect it nothing works, when I unplug the first cam then just #2 cam shows up to see them all on my computer I have to use my remote and change between them it wont do it itself.
Thanks,
Auct

halfelite

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 04:18:43 PM »

I just had the same problem you need to have the TM751 plugged into the wall so it will turn on and off the cameras.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 06:49:10 PM »

halfelite:
auct doesn't need a tm751 as AHP(cm15A) acts as one but yes it needs to be plugged in!

auct: if you can switch between cams with the remote but not from with in AHP then you don't have them configured correctly in AHP!
make sure you have the house code that they are on setup as transceived in the hardware configuration screen!
You may have to set this to specific because auto doesn't always work 100% accurately! ::) :(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 10:25:33 PM »

I'm having this problem too. Only one camera shows up. I can turn lights and appliances on and off just fine, and without the tm751 plugged in. However, for some strange reason, the cameras will not turn on or off without the tm751 transceiver plugged in! HELP, yet again :(

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.