Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: cams wont cycle at all  (Read 5991 times)

halfelite

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
cams wont cycle at all
« on: April 07, 2008, 04:56:22 AM »

I have ben trying for hours to get this to work. I have the cameras set as a-1, a-2, a-3 one ninja and x2cams But it only shows a-2 it wont cycle at all if i unplug a-2 then it shows a-1 and never cycles if i click a-3 it shows the picture of a-1. What could i be doing wrong. And i saw mentioned there is a 4 cam reicever to display all 4 at one time but I couldnt find it anywere on x10 website. And i have tried ruling out interference.I see the cm1919a light blink everytime its supposed to change cams so i know its working.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 05:15:54 AM by halfelite »

halfelite

Re: cams wont cycle at all
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 05:58:27 AM »

From more testing now it seems that it only displays the cam that is closest. i can unplung the closest one and it will only display the next closest. and so on. I have tried turning of my wirelss router,sonos music players,all cell phones,cordlesss phones its 3am now no tvs are on and all my neighbors should be sleeping so interference should be down. Ok brought all 3 cameras in the same room and noticed they camera in vanguard finally changed got up to go hit the scan button and noticed when i walk infront of a camera it no longer works and switched to a differnt one. Its only displaying the camera with the best signal.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 06:11:17 AM by halfelite »

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 10:02:51 PM »

halfelite,

The CM19A only sends X10 control signals by RF... the camera power supplies only receive X10 on / off signals from the power line (PLC).  You need a TM751 or some other RF to PLC transceiver to convert the signals so that the cameras switch on and off appropriately.  Otherwise, you will get just what you have observed... the "loudest" camera will show because they are all on at the same time.  That or all you will see is interference.
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

halfelite

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 11:32:49 PM »

Ok i see i thought the TM751 was to just control the outlet plug that is on itself. Man after all that i just needed to plug in the TM751 i feel dumb.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 09:37:11 PM »

Ok i see i thought the TM751 was to just control the outlet plug that is on itself. Man after all that i just needed to plug in the TM751 i feel dumb.

No need to feel dumb.  Sometimes it's hard to see the problem when you're too close to it.

Glad to hear it works now!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 03:31:03 PM »

halfelite,

The CM19A only sends X10 control signals by RF... the camera power supplies only receive X10 on / off signals from the power line (PLC).  You need a TM751 or some other RF to PLC transceiver to convert the signals so that the cameras switch on and off appropriately.  Otherwise, you will get just what you have observed... the "loudest" camera will show because they are all on at the same time.  That or all you will see is interference.

Really good looking out Bill! real nice of you to help! had to give you a + myself, even though it wasen't my problem. I think we give better support the tech support sometimes!  ;D

Tom j.

alamjones

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 02:46:03 PM »

I just purchased the wireless camera and have the TM751 but am still unable to get the camera's to cycle.  I am using the Ninja remote.

Quote from: -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) on April 07, 2008, 07:02:51 pm
halfelite,

Really good looking out Bill! real nice of you to help! had to give you a + myself, even though it wasen't my problem. I think we give better support the tech support sometimes!  Grin

Tom j.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.