Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Problem with Batch files executing?  (Read 60778 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Problem with Batch files executing?
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2011, 09:00:01 PM »

Plus one more item:

On the task bar, where AHP resides, I get a "Featured Option loaded" notification.

Guess I'll have to use AHP shortcut and not Hotkeys.
Or update AHP! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

hpdrifter

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2011, 07:21:21 PM »

Plus one more item:

On the task bar, where AHP resides, I get a "Featured Option loaded" notification.

Guess I'll have to use AHP shortcut and not Hotkeys.
Or update AHP! ;)
I don't know the exact operation,i.e. download whole program or just update, but when I loaded AHP before it took over 4 hours to download.  I'm not particularly looking forward to that again.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 07:26:18 PM »

Are you On Dial up?
Get a program like Getright!
A download manager will help alot!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

hpdrifter

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2011, 08:21:38 PM »

Are you On Dial up?
Get a program like Getright!
A download manager will help alot!
 >!

Actually, am right at this very moment connected with a Datajack, a 3g usb modem.  Kinda looks like it may work out here in the sticks.  If so, SOME of my problems are gonna be smoothed. Not DSL, but mega lightyears faster than 56K. Previous life was dialup.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2011, 09:09:49 AM »

Since AHP installers are bootstrap files, GetRight does not work.  I've had getright since Tuicemen referred it to me in 2007.  The sticks are a fine place to live, but the internet is rough out here. sigh

Yes, it does take quite a while for AHP to download, and the connection keeps breaking and you have to hit "re try" many many times.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2011, 09:14:45 AM »

Thanks for the input Knightrider,  I've been off dialup for so long now I forget these things!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

erlwebmail

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2011, 02:25:07 PM »

Just to continue this thread...  I have fought the "...Batch Files executing" problem most of the day, and can report that
(1) Deleting the problem macro and starting over makes 'em all better. (Consistent with Noam's Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 05:28:05 AM)
(2) No problem running batch files under version 3.302, at least so far. See earlier warnings about quote marks in paths and filenames. I run my batch files out of    C:\X-10-Tools   which is nice and short and includes no spaces. Sorry- -  don't waste your time trying to run in  "C:\Documents and Settings\YourAcct\My Documents"  or the like.
(3) Before doing anything in AHP which involves your security system, install and "shake out" the security system thoroughly. It needs to be running without problems before you begin anything with AHP. I had a problem with a DS10A door sensor which had to be licked before continuing.
(4) Before writing an AHP macro which involves Security System sensors, be sure that you run Tools | Hardware Configuration and set the House Code to where you want it to be. You will be registering security system door sensors and such a second time with AHP, and if you don't do this they'll likely pop up in house code A and you can't access them while running under another house code. [Oh, it'll look like you can, but... nope!]
(5) Install sensors in AHP one-at-a-time, cancel the install, edit the sensor's name, then click the Install button. (Otherwise, if you install before editing, you'll have to install again. Note to you AHP programmers: This needs to be changed.) Hold down the Test button on the sensor until the security system ding-dong sounds, let go, then return to your AHP console where (hopefully) it will have registered the sensor. Then check the dang thing by clicking Tools | Find other computers, to make sure you have a recognized sensor. Then build your macro.

I'm fighting duplicate sensor signals at the moment. Hopefully there's help in another thread. But thanks for the batch file discussion.  ...greatly appreciated. :)%
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.