Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: .NET programming for CM11A  (Read 12614 times)

Davearia

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
.NET programming for CM11A
« on: April 07, 2008, 05:03:52 PM »

Hi,

Firstly I would like to say a quick hello to everyone at this forum. I have been interested in home automation for quite a few years now, but I suppose like everyone I have been on a tight budget where time and money are concerned.

I work as a software developer so I am lucky in that I have a good level of knowledge where coding is concerned. Until last December I have never applied this to home automation. I bought a Harmony bundle from simply automate for a mess around. It came with a CM11A controller, 2 light dimmers and a device controller. I installed the Harmony OS and had a play with it. I managed to use Harmony to assign addresses to my X10 devices and from there turned them on and off via Harmony the UI.

Although it was fun I really want to write my own code to a similar thing without the limitations of things such as Harmony. I managed to write a small application to dim lights etc which worked well. But I did need Harmony in as much as setting the X10 addresses in the first place.

What I would like to be able to do is write some code that sets X10 addresses from a friendly user interface if you know what I mean?

Any help with this matter would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Dave. ;D

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: .NET programming for CM11A
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 05:43:20 PM »

There are several small programs available for the CM11A!
You must have the cm11a_protocol.txt if not You were good to get your program to  work! ;)
All the info you need should be in it! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Davearia

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 10:22:21 AM »

Thanks for reply Tuicemen,

I have spent hours Googling and had no luck really.

All I am trying to find is a .NET code sample of how to programmatically assign house codes to X10 module.

I know that some X10 modules have 2 dials on them and yopu physically assign them using these dials. But mine don't, when I first got them I also bought Harmony and used it's UI to set assign the addresses. Now I want to acheive this through code, I don't want some 3rd part software to acheive assigning addresses.

Please help if you can?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 10:24:17 AM by Davearia »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 03:28:37 PM »

All X10 modules except the Socket Rocket have code wheels, the Socket Rocket is set to a code by using a MC460 and a lamp with the bulb screwed into the Socket Rocket and the Socket Rocket screwed in to the lamp socket. You send the 460 to the intended house code and using the keys, send the same code 3 times. The lamp turns on.

Remove the Socket Rocket from the lamp and put it where you intend to use it. 
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 06:20:35 PM »

Davearia
As Dan stated all but the Socket rockets (LM15A)<Link   have code wheels!
Unless maybe you have after market modules!
Check the back (sides) of the modules for model numbers!
If similar to the socket rockets then setting them up is simple!<Link
If you wish to use your program to configure the address you send the address you wish from it instead of the remote and in the same fashion (every half-second until the Socket Rocket turns on!) ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.