Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VK82A Audio/Video Sender IR problem  (Read 19433 times)

CAZ

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VK82A Audio/Video Sender IR problem
« on: August 23, 2007, 08:47:56 AM »

I am having problems with controlling my cable box via this product.  I have programmed the included remote correctly as I can control the cable box with direct line of site but cannot control it from the bedroom where the receiver is located.  I have placed the sender directly in front of the IR port for my cable box and facing it of course and even removed the red plastic cover.  I have shaded it so that there is no strong light hitting it.  I even tried it at night with all the lights off.  It will not work.  Any suggestions other than buying the IR extender as I shouldn't have to as this product has it built in.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: VK82A Audio/Video Sender IR problem
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 09:20:33 PM »

Did you plug in those little IR lights that came with the receiver, and stick one of those on the cable box?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Ultimate

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 11:11:24 AM »

Hi, Did you get your problem solved? I experience the same situation:
I enjoyed about 30 minutes interrupted control from the remote location then no more.
1)Video & audio good, 2)Palm controller(UR73A) can control cable box directly (aim at the cable box) but not thru the video receiver; 3)Tried each and both IR emitters attached on the IR receiver of the cable box but no result; 4)Have tried all ABCD channels respectively.

cddyal

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 07:00:56 PM »

I am having the same problem; no luck so far. Does anyone know how to fix this?

MacAtk

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 03:54:37 PM »

I have the same issue.  Remote does not do anything on the (VR46A) Receiver side.

And yes, I plugged the IR cable into the IR port on the VT46A (Sender) and have the IR Emitter on cable box. The remote works perfectly (on my Comcast cable box) at the Sender side, but will not work on any (ABCD) channel on the Receiver side.

*************************************** UPDATE  *******************************************

OK, problem solved just by messing with a lot more.  Originally I had just stuck the IR Emitter to the front of the Motorola cable box.  But for grinnies I took a flashlight and found precisely where the IR "electric eye" was located on the cable box and stuck it Right There.  Though not perfect, its working!  Just have to keep messing with it apparently.

Hope this helps someone out there.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 04:19:54 PM by MacAtk »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.