Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Active Home Pro - New Release/Patch  (Read 11435 times)

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
Re: Active Home Pro - New Release/Patch
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 07:45:04 AM »

Updated - no problems...

Vista - VA11A still will not start (Code 10)

PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 04:52:03 PM »

So it goes on, despite lots of complaints, all Vista related, and not a peep out of X10 USA.   >:(
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

spam4us

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 09:11:12 PM »

oh pullease!  there's a sticky at the top of this forum with 7 pages of fixes, ideas, etc.  and the best x10 can come up with is 3 minor bug fixes?

come on x10.......get with the program.  How much have you made off of this product and what percentage can you invest back into it.

It's been about a year since I had AHP.  In that time I have read only a few post by x10 personnel.  They don't offer anything of value but they keep wanting the user community to contribute.

How long do you think people (the admins and Sr. members) who run these boards will keep doing so trying to support a product that very little is spent updating/development?

with that said..........regular programming will now resume

thirtysix

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2008, 01:32:27 AM »

Any body have v3.206 they can upload somewhere. v3.228 crashes when I click Tools>Hardware Configuration
Otherwise everything else works...

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2008, 07:31:09 AM »

What O/S are you running?   I have 3.228 on Windows XP Home SP3 with ZERO problems.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2008, 08:32:19 PM »

Any body have v3.206 they can upload somewhere. v3.228 crashes when I click Tools>Hardware Configuration
V3.206 was the security plug-in!
I also had AHP crash when accessing the hardware configuration with v3.228  ::)
Problem was a bad internet connection when installing, with a good connection I reinstalled and everything now works fine! :'
Took a week of playing cat and mouse with my ISP, finaly they admited the problem was on their end  -:)
Reinstalling v3.228 should work for you as well,  ::) as long as your connection remains good ::)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

thirtysix

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2008, 03:16:21 PM »

What O/S are you running?   I have 3.228 on Windows XP Home SP3 with ZERO problems.

XP sp2 don't think I'll be going sp3 anytime soon, if it ain't broke don't fix it

thirtysix

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2008, 03:19:26 PM »

V3.206 was the security plug-in!
I also had AHP crash when accessing the hardware configuration with v3.228  ::)
Problem was a bad internet connection when installing, with a good connection I reinstalled and everything now works fine! :'
Took a week of playing cat and mouse with my ISP, finaly they admited the problem was on their end  -:)
Reinstalling v3.228 should work for you as well,  ::) as long as your connection remains good ::)

Yep, still got the plug-in, gives error on trying to re-install, this is a bad thing. As for a bad connection, don't think so this is commercial line.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2008, 04:33:34 PM »

Any body have v3.206 they can upload somewhere.

I have a 6M AHP setup file dated 4/6/2005.  I don't know exactly what version it is.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 04:35:37 PM by Walt2 »
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2008, 06:41:56 PM »

Yep, still got the plug-in, gives error on trying to re-install, this is a bad thing. As for a bad connection, don't think so this is commercial line.

I just Un-Installed & Re-Installed all to see if I could resolve the blank delays. At the pre- 3.228 setting, the delay numbers in my AHX files are there. Once again, as soon as I install 3.228, the delays are blank.

To add insult to injury, OnAlert is no longer available to download from the original link I received nor the emailed link supplied by X10 after my purchase. And this was before I installed the 3.228 update.

This update appears to have been released before it was thoroughly tested. For those who do have all the plug-ins and have no problem with the update, I fear that will not be the case if you have to re-install everything from the start.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2008, 07:10:58 PM »

To add insult to injury, OnAlert is no longer available to download from the original link I received nor the emailed link supplied by X10 after my purchase.
thus the need to save (backup) working installers from X10 on a CD or floppy! ;)
This update appears to have been released before it was thoroughly tested. For those who do have all the plug-ins and have no problem with the update, I fear that will not be the case if you have to re-install everything from the start.
Actually I uninstalled and reinstalled everything twice with this update ::) second time was a Charm, so far! :'
But I must admit the update has caused many problems and should have been debuged/tested more before the release!  :(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2008, 07:23:59 PM »

To add insult to injury, OnAlert is no longer available to download from the original link I received nor the emailed link supplied by X10 after my purchase.
thus the need to save (backup) working installers from X10 on a CD or floppy! ;)

My backup CD with all the loader files was where I installed from. Both the originally supplied file failed and the one received in an email due to the "Newer version on server" issue. It was only about a month ago that I rebuilt my PC and my backup CD files all worked then.

UPDATE: Just went to the original link from my purchase email and re-downloaded the loader file again. The file name was different than the other 2 I have and it works! Sounds like they might have fixed the "Newer version on server" issue with OnAlert the same time as they released 3.228. Time to burn a new update CD.  ;)

However, still stuck with the blank delays.  :(
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.