Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VCR Commander - won't stop recording  (Read 4994 times)

lrg51

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VCR Commander - won't stop recording
« on: March 12, 2008, 11:02:16 PM »

Just installed a VCR Commander. Everything seems to work fine with Eagle Eye motion sensor. But, the VCR won't stop recording. I have not installed the sensor... just testing. So, I removed the sensor from the room and put it away on a shelf to isolate it. The VCR will not stop recording automatically after 5 minutes. I thought the VCR Commander would halt recording. Suggestions?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: VCR Commander - won't stop recording
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 11:34:25 AM »

Just installed a VCR Commander. Everything seems to work fine with Eagle Eye motion sensor. But, the VCR won't stop recording. I have not installed the sensor... just testing. So, I removed the sensor from the room and put it away on a shelf to isolate it. The VCR will not stop recording automatically after 5 minutes. I thought the VCR Commander would halt recording. Suggestions?

Try clearing and reprogramming the VCR Commander; sounds like it did not accept the IR off code.

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
Re: VCR Commander - won't stop recording
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 06:05:07 AM »

Try pressing the stop button on top of the VCR commander. If that doesn't stop the VCR either the stop code was not programed properly as Puck suggests or the stop code is not one that is accepted by the VCR commander or lastly the VCR commander is broken. My guess is that the VCR commander does not have the stop code programed into it correctly. This thing can be a real pain to get set up but once it is it is well worth the effort. 
_ _ ...  ..._ _

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.