Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: any suggestions how to use problem flood cams  (Read 10832 times)

sfoster29972

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
any suggestions how to use problem flood cams
« on: April 10, 2008, 09:33:44 PM »

I've had the same problems with my flood cams as posted, lights stay on etc. I have two flood cams one at front and one at back of the house. Any thoughts on a way to salvage and use these with their problems.the cameras function fine it just lights never turn off only by switch not even with remote. They are out of warranty
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 09:37:37 AM by sfoster29972 »

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
Re: any suggestions how to use problem flood cams
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 01:02:07 PM »

I've found that if I create a macro, triggered by the FloodCam ON, that my FloodCam does shut itself off.  I know it's stupid, but it's as though the existence of the macro "scares" the FloodCam into semi-behaving.  The lights still come on when they shouldn't (broad daylight), but with the macro there, the FloodCam shuts itself down on its delay setting (or if motion is still going the macro shuts it down)

The macro is a simple DELAY 10 min, then turn off the FloodCam.

During the day, my FloodCam's lights will come on every-other-time it activates - yet at night they come on every time.  So last week I decided to re-write the macro, and using a phantom & flag made a set of macros that waited 10 min and if the FloodCam had turned itself off, they did NOT send the OFF command.  It worked for a few days, then the lights started staying on - the camera shut off, and the module "thought" it was off, but the lights stayed on until I manually ran a macro to turn the floodcam off.

So I went back to having a simple macro that triggers when the FloodCam comes on, and issues an OFF after 10 min.

I won't buy another combo unit, but this works for me now.
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

sfoster29972

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 01:33:56 PM »

P.J. Can I set up the macro through AH CK11A thats the only software I have. I couldn't get the flood off with the Palm pad. Thanks

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 03:23:11 PM »

P.J. Can I set up the macro through AH CK11A thats the only software I have. I couldn't get the flood off with the Palm pad. Thanks

That's really strange that they won't cut off with the remote. WHY WON"T X10 FIX THSES THINGS?????? DON'T THEY LIKE TO MAKE MONEY. THEY NEED TO FIRE WHO'S EVER IN CHARGE OVER THERE AND GET SOMEONE THAT CARES ABOUT THE CUSTOMER.  :-\  :P

TOM J

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.