Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NightWatch Cameras capabilities  (Read 16990 times)

FoolinAround

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
NightWatch Cameras capabilities
« on: May 02, 2008, 06:39:58 PM »

Can anyone offer their experence with how well the NightWatch cameras work at night? The specs don't mention the Lux level. Thank you.

Chris S.

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
Re: NightWatch Cameras capabilities
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 02:13:08 PM »

Have you checked the X10 Wiki ??

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Main_Page

I'm pretty sure you find the Lux level for the Nightwatch there.

As far as user reviews, there's a ton (did I say TON ?)
of posts from users here, including myself that have reviewed this camera.
I also included a video that I took at night time. (gives an idea as to the clarity for night time viewing)

Did you find any of those reviews helpful , or are you looking in addition too what you have already read ?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: NightWatch Cameras capabilities
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 09:01:14 PM »

Can anyone offer their experence with how well the NightWatch cameras work at night? The specs don't mention the Lux level. Thank you.

I use a nightwatch camera in the garage. As silly as that might sound... I originally installed it so I could check to see that the garage door was down before I went to bed. I have since setup a open [garage] door alert. But the camera works fine, although admittedly I do need a light source in the garage to see an image. In my case a nightlight is enough for me to see the reflection off the white garage door at night. The light that comes in through a window provides plenty enough light during daylight hours.

The nightwatch ISN'T a "nightvision camera"... it works well in low-light.

I often say [type] if you have floodlights... that will likely provide you with enough light. If your trying to view a very dark area around your home... you could do that using IR cameras (they have they're own IR light source). But if your objective is security... you might be better off installing the floodlights. Motion sensor floodlights use very little electricity and provide extra security and safety. The X10 floodlights can also turn on cameras, lights INSIDE, and even chime a inside chime.

I have a YouTube Video that "shows-off" what I've done using my X10 [motion sensor] floodlights, AHP, and the add-on software BVC.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 01:57:05 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.