Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: urgent help needed asap installing 2 video receivers  (Read 11085 times)

yug1958

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
urgent help needed asap installing 2 video receivers
« on: May 05, 2008, 07:49:44 PM »

???
I  am trying to install 4 wireless cameras with Vanguard software for a client. I have one video receiver which I extended 75 ft. away from the computer and much closer to 2 of the cameras which are located outside a bldg 75 ft. away. I can view these very well on the computer.I have also placed a transreiver closer to the cameras so they can respond to commands. (switching) That also is working well. Now the problem that I am having is my other 2 cameras are so far away from the video receiver, I get no image at all. Is it possible to set up a second video receiver with the same software and how. I tried this by  assigning a different house code but I can only see the 2 outside cameras. Anyone have any ideas???  Thanks yug1958

zach1234

« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 09:46:17 PM by Priority Support »

yug1958

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: urgent help needed asap installing 2 video receivers
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 11:13:56 PM »

Unfortunately, this did not answer my questions. these were just alternate possibilities using wired cameras. The question is: Can one hook up 2 video receivers to a computer running vanguard software. one video receiver 75 ft. away to catch 2 exterior cameras and one at the computer to catch 2 interior cameras.  Can I hook up two seperate USB video adaptors and receivers to my computer and make this work or should I use a y connector from  one video adaptor? Is this possible and how would one configure this???
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 11:30:58 PM by yug1958 »

x10challanged

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: urgent help needed asap installing 2 video receivers
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 06:58:35 PM »

Hi yug1958,
If you have not solved your problem yet, I have recently installed the video sender/receiver kit VK82A which increased my wireless video range as well as improved the image quality 100%.  So you still only have one recvr on your computer and use this kit as a relay somewhere in the middle between camera and computer.  Set camera and new recvr to A, set new sender to D and set recvr on your computer to D.  Any cameras you have pointed to the computer and not the new recvr will also need to be set to D.
Hopefully that makes sense to you if not send me a message and I will explain further.

Good Luck!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.