Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vanguard does not connect to the Internet.  (Read 14304 times)

EXTENUSER

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Vanguard does not connect to the Internet.
« on: May 07, 2008, 10:50:02 PM »

Hello,

I have read these forums front and back and have no luck.

1) I went to http://www.x10.com/support/netinfo/netinfoadvance.htm to test my connection, and each and every time it fails.

2) I have my PC set to a static IP (192.168.1.103) and have forwarded the following ports in my router.

3)  I have disabled my firewall (Zone Alarm) and my spy ware software (Spybot Search and Destroy) and my antivirus (AVG Free Edition)

4) I have put my IP in the DMZ in my router.

I simply can't get it to connect to the Internet.  I click the connect button and it changes from red to yellow, but after 10-20 seconds it goes back to red.

I am running Windows XP Service Pack 2  freshly loaded.  I also have a Linksys wrt54gs router.  Running Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Zone Alarm, Spybot Search and Destroy, and AVG Free edition.

I am merely running a 1-camera ninja system.  I can successfully see the picture and even control the pan and tilt with the Vanguard software.  Just can't get it to connect to the Internet.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?  I am not looking for use another software type suggestion.  I want to use Vanguard.  I also, need to use my router since there are multiple pc's on my network.

For those of you who got it to work, please post your environment here.
BE SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE!  So future x10 user can read these posts with some clarity.  The problem with some of these posts is that people post with generalizations that don't help or with abbreviations that I can't figure out.

Post the following info and please do not use abbreviations.

1) Operating System with Service Pack
2) Anti Virus
3) Fire Wall
4) Spyware
5) Router
6) The exact port numbers, if any that were forwarded.
7) Your camera setup
8) Any specific information that you believe that can help all x10 Internet users that worked for you.

I am looking forward to a healthy excahnge.

Thank you.

Alan

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
Re: Vanguard does not connect to the Internet.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 07:51:29 AM »

1. What does the STATUS log say?
2. Try installing and running LogMeIn  (LogMeIn.com - the FREE version) - If you can get it connected, work through the firewall settings to compart to Vanguard.

Over the past 2 days, I've had trouble with the Vanguard server, but was able to connect remotely yesterday.  (but not this morning)

I find the x10 servers very unreliable - that's why I use LogMeIn - and I set it to load on Startup.  I use the free version, but I did buy a subscription for the Ignition product so that I don't have to load anything on the remote PC (it's all on my USB thumb drive).

I use it for both of my home PC's  (one runs XP & Vanguard, the other Vista and AHP).

Another thought - can you get Vanguard to send you an email (motion triggered?)
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

EXTENUSER

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 04:29:07 PM »

Hello,

When I check the status it goes online and then offline.  Here's an example:

05/11/2008 16:21:12:656 Server Offline
05/11/2008 16:21:56:578 Server Online
05/11/2008 16:21:23:531 Starting application

As you can see, It's not even really going online.

I have completely removed my router from the equation.  I have plugged my DSL (Windstream) modem directly into the computer, and shut off the firewall and the anti virus.  I still get the same result.  I can only deduce that the problem may be the modem.  It is some sort of router/modem it appears but I do not know how to set up NAT or anything like that.

I have used logmein before in the past, and it is a wonderful tool.  I use it all the time to help my father out remotely, but I do not want to be recording all this video on my hard drive.  Just want to be able to monitor from the Internet as advertised.

I sent an email to x10 support but the mail got bounced back to me.

any ideas?

Alan

zach1234

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 05:35:22 PM »

Try emailing a TECH 2 support rep at: prioritysupport@x10.com, Eric should get this handled. Stay calm. Have you try ed to update your computer and Vanguard, in Vanguard right click on the video and select "check for updates".  Try Microsoft updates too @: http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us. If that all fails call x10 at 18006753044 and request the Sentinel version of the Vanguard software.

GOOD LUCK!!!

cyanik

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 08:03:42 PM »

Having the exact same problem.  Sometimes Vanguard says it's connected, but there's absolutely no network activity.

DOF

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 04:52:55 PM »

I have not been able to connect yet either. I have been trying off and on for almost 2 weeks. I connect and disconnect every 15 seconds. my logmein works perfect, as does my webcam is it has to be x10! I've tried it on all 4 of my computers and I also removed the router to test, no differance. same 15 sec connect/disconnect. Really upsetting. I was ready to spend some bucks on more cameras but man, if ya can't get 1 to work how do they think you'll buy more? Starting to feel like I've been had... :(

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.