Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need a Solution.  (Read 3254 times)

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
Need a Solution.
« on: May 12, 2008, 01:01:05 PM »

Hi,

I run a small studio and have small mixers all about the tracking room for cue mixes. Each mixer is attached to an appliance module and I can turn them on and off from my seat in the control room. - Cool

I want to add this added functionality:

I want to be able to hand the cue mix headphones on a "hanger" and when the headphones come down on the hanger I would like them to depress a button that would wirelessly send the proper unit and house code to the proper appliance module to turn it off. If you lift the headphones off the hanger, the button would release and the appliance module would come on.

I've seen key chain remotes and am considering hacking one to make this happen. - Any better ideas.

- I would really like to detect that you have actually put the headphones on to activate the appliance module, but I don't have any good ideas in that respect.

Thanks in advance,

:Ron
Makin' Tracks Recording.

Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Need a Solution.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 01:53:26 PM »

Hi,

I run a small studio and have small mixers all about the tracking room for cue mixes. Each mixer is attached to an appliance module and I can turn them on and off from my seat in the control room. - Cool

I want to add this added functionality:

I want to be able to hand the cue mix headphones on a "hanger" and when the headphones come down on the hanger I would like them to depress a button that would wirelessly send the proper unit and house code to the proper appliance module to turn it off. If you lift the headphones off the hanger, the button would release and the appliance module would come on.

I've seen key chain remotes and am considering hacking one to make this happen. - Any better ideas.

- I would really like to detect that you have actually put the headphones on to activate the appliance module, but I don't have any good ideas in that respect.

Thanks in advance,

Makin' Tracks Recording.
http://www.wgldesigns.com/pf8.html

Rig a microswitch to each hanger so that it's actuated by the weight of the headphones.  Connect each microswitch to an X10 PF284 Powerflash module, which will send an X10 On or Off signal when the contacts are closed or opened.  If you have a bunch of hangers not too far apart, check out the PF8 module at http://www.wgldesigns.com/pf8.html instead of using individual Powerflash modules.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
Re: Need a Solution.
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 03:50:33 PM »

Cue the Vonage tune. Woo-Hoo, Woo-Hoo-Hoo!

I did not know about the PF284. That is a dream come true.
It will solve so many other "Problems" (Crazy stuff I think of in the shower) too!
Thanks a ton.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 03:59:01 PM by bitman »
Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.