Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How can you view live from work if offices don't open the needed ports  (Read 6407 times)

dad2008

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I have XCam2 WideEye InstantON Color Video Camera and currently use the XRay Vision Software. For the purpose that I bought this system, it has really not served the purpose. What x10 did not say upfront is that most workplaces do not open the ports needed. For my XRay Vision Software, I can connect from home, or someone elses home using my ip (and of course port forwarding). However, I cannot access anything from the office. I have yet to try the email/ftp features, but none of them would be live.

Now, I have been eyening the Vanguard system and am looking to add more cameras. However, even if I were to quit my job, I am sure my new job setting will have the same/similar security measures - which would be standard for any IT company. And if I am going to go through all the expenses and time needed to do the setup, then I really want to be able to view things live and in good quality.

Is there anyone out there who can view their LIVE feeds from work easily? If so, please share your method.

Thanks

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.