Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Software problems version 3.228  (Read 44105 times)

ATCtechie

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Software problems version 3.228
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 05:39:30 AM »

It goes far beyond AHX fliles. When I open any AHX (going back 6 months or more) all timer events show a start date of 01/01 and an end date of 31/12. As soon as I make *any* change to the time, birightness, day of the week, anything, the end date changes to 01/01. I set it back to 31/12 using the calender or typing directly and it reverts to 01/01 as soon as I click any other button. This never happened in 3.204. I've deleted all AHX files and re-added some of my modules. The same thing happens. I can manually control everything but timers are screwed.

Bob

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2008, 06:01:47 AM »

I update to 3.228 the other day and since then my timers simply won't trigger. I dug in and found that every single timer event is set to run from 01/01 to 01/01 and I can't make any date change stick. They should all be 01/01 to 31/12 as I use different timers for different days of the week.

Anyone else notice this? Right now I'm dead in the water. As soon as I make any change to a timer setting the date changes itself.

Bob

ATCtechie, Welcome to the boards. Sorry to here your having problems but we will try to help you out and get to the bottom of this. I have XP Home Edition with SP2 installed. (still considering SP3). I just looked at my timers and they are all OK. I tried changing a few and the change took ok. Exit and went back and the change was still ok.

What operating system are you using and what service packs do you have installed.

----------------KDR
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

ATCtechie

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 07:35:34 AM »

I've seen this before (in 3.204 etc.) and can't remember how I got around it. Basically if I create a timer and set it to "daily" for example the date range is fine. If I deselect any days of the week, the end date changes to 01/01. Eseentially what's happening is AHP isn't able to realize that I want that particular event to repeat every week, but only on certain days.

I think I used to create a new timer that was initially set to "daily", then I'd simply remove the specific days I didn't want that time to run. It would allow that time to be saved as an "all year" event.

My setup is XP Home w/SP-2. No changes in weeks, other than the 3.228 upgrade.

Bob

Chris S.

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 02:26:18 PM »

I upgraded to 3.228 from 3.204 about 1 week ago.
No problems with the upgrade, but whenever I go into "Tools / Hardware Configuration"
I get the Dialog box "AHP has encountered a problem and needs to close "

Anyone else getting this problem ?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2008, 08:10:33 PM »

I upgraded to 3.228 from 3.204 about 1 week ago.
No problems with the upgrade, but whenever I go into "Tools / Hardware Configuration"
I get the Dialog box "AHP has encountered a problem and needs to close "

Anyone else getting this problem ?

I don't (just checked it), but are you running any plug-ins?   I run straight vanilla AHP, no plug-ins of any kind.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 04:37:55 AM »

If you're running in Vista, "Run as Administrator", and run in XP emulation mode.
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

Chris S.

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 11:24:52 PM »

I am running XP Pofessional SP2
and have iWitness and SmartMacros.

I ended up going back to 3.204,
and sent an email to support@x10.com on 6/5/08
and attached my ahx file along with two log files.

Have not heard back from X10 yet.

paul warshawsky

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 11:36:39 PM »

ATCtechie,

Just so you don't start feeling that you are going crazy, I'm having the exact same problem - everything is January 1 to January 1 and the timers don't run...

I can't understand what the difference in our circumstances is.

(I'm runing XP pro SPII.  I'm in Canada so I have my date preferences set that way - how 'bout you?)

Paul

paul warshawsky

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2008, 11:39:04 PM »

ATCtechie,

I think I have figured it out.  What date setting do you use? (Control Panel>Regional and Language Settings)?  Try setting it to US standard.  Does the problem go away?

Let us know,

Paul

ATCtechie

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2008, 03:22:44 PM »

Thank Paul, I'll try that language change. I'm in the process of replacing the original PC with a P4 machine and I can't put my hands on my original registration code. I usually keep that stuff on a common file but AHP's info isn't there from early 1996. I've email X10 and hopefully I'll hear back before the day is done.

I'll let you know how things turn out. Right now AHP can't even see the interface and I've tried various USB ports both on board and via a working hub.

Bob

ATCtechie

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2008, 08:06:35 PM »

The language changed in XP fixed the problem Paul, you're a genius!

Now, if I I could only find the original email to register AHPro on this new PC. I emailed X10 about it but haven't seen a response yet.

Bob

TheAlbumMan

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2008, 10:48:21 PM »

My upgrade went smoothly. However, I was surprised to see all my macro delays appeared blank in the GUI section. In the lower text section, the delays were still correct.

This occurred with both of my setups (2 independent PCs). Both are running Win2K. So far it appears that I am the only one report this anomaly so I am wondering if it is due to Win2K. I would certainly be interested in hearing from others who also are running Win2K.

The blank delays were still there thru the following:

- When I loaded my back-up AHX files.

- When I create a new AHX.

- When I create a new macro and add a delay. In this case I can still manually enter the delay I want, but the up / down arrows only decrease the delay (even the up arrow decreases).

I have not had the chance yet to un-install / re-install the complete AHP software, but I will soon and report back if that helps.

I'm new to the forum but a loooooong time BSR, Leviton, X10 user. Finally decided to upgrade my old AH to AHP the other day and was provided a link for the 3.228 software which was installed fresh and I too have the blank delay box. Yes Puck, I am also using W2K so we may be SOL unless the programmers can fix it.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2008, 10:16:08 PM »

I'm new to the forum but a loooooong time BSR, Leviton, X10 user. Finally decided to upgrade my old AH to AHP the other day and was provided a link for the 3.228 software which was installed fresh and I too have the blank delay box. Yes Puck, I am also using W2K so we may be SOL unless the programmers can fix it.

TheAlbumMan: Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I was afraid it was an OS issue and now it sure seems that's the case. Hopefully they do fix it.

PAULF

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2008, 10:25:58 PM »

Nothing is working right, should I unistall AHP and reinstall old version?
I have Vista....what a pain, I have no backups, tough lesson to learn

PAULF

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2008, 10:27:23 PM »

Nothing works with Vista, should i uninstall and reinstall old version?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.