Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ive been looking in here...  (Read 7604 times)

mattie

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Ive been looking in here...
« on: May 15, 2008, 06:07:11 PM »

and havent found what I need, so heres my question.
  I have the Vangaurd system with 2 XX20A B&W ,and 2 XX16A Color, with 4 MS14A motion sensors hooked up to my PC. I can set up the first camera and receive video with it but Im haveing trouble hooking up another.
          I have the first camera set up as UNIT 1 HOUSE A , then I try to hook up the next camera as UNIT 2 HOUSE B, that didnt work so I tried U 1 H b that didnt either work so I tried U 3 H C , and still nothing.
         I did add another camera with the proper U and H code each time I changed it and nothing either. But when I hooked up the second camera as U 1 H B it switched my first camera I hooked up to that camera?
       Do they need to be unpluged each time I hook one up?Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Ive been looking in here...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 06:33:08 PM »

Wireless cameras work in groups of four so only one is on at a time. If not interference from one scrambles the others that are on. Are you using any software to control the cameras or just remotes?

The groups are the SAME House Code and Units 1-4;5-8;9-12 and 13-16. The camera is powered by an addressable power supply. When one of the groups address is turned on the other three go off.

Lets say you have cameras B5 to B8. Turning on B5 would turn off B6;B7 and B8 so only one is on at a time. Since the cameras are controlled by power line signals you could have signal problems to some of the camera locations. Also when first powered up the supply defaults to on so it is possible to have two on until one is sent a command to turn on or you send an off to all in the group.

Also remember when setting up motion sensors most have a Dusk/Dawn feature that sends a On signal at Dusk and an Off signal at Dawn on the sensors address +1. So motion at B5 would sand on and off signals on B6 at Dusk and dawn.

mattie

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 06:42:12 PM »

The groups are the SAME House Code and Units 1-4;5-8;9-12 and 13-16. The camera is powered by an addressable power supply. When one of the groups address is turned on the other three go off.

Are you saying that since I can program the motion sensor to stay on ,lets say 1 minute, and Ive programed them all to stay on like that.....do I have to wait till the first camera goes off (at the 1 minute mark) before another can turn on?
    Or if another cameras sensor is set off, it will automatically shut off the other regaurdless if the 1 minute mark has been reached?

mattie

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 06:50:48 PM »

Are you using any software to control the cameras or just remotes?

Sorry to post twice..but Im just useing the Vanguard Control Center software so far, I havent tried to hook up the "ninja" pan and tilt controler...HA I love the name for that. And Im not to sure what you mean by "remotes".
    Oh and I have the A/V receiver VR42A with the USB adapter VA11A.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 06:59:02 PM »

I am not familiar with the Vanguard setup so I hope others using it will get you better data than I have.
By remotes I was thinking of maybe the CR12A that is a camera remote. I believe the Ninja has the CR14A. That would also be a camera remote with the pan and tilt buttons.

mattie

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 07:09:03 PM »

Got ya. The Vanguard system is suppose to control the pan and tilt of the camera ,with the control buttons in the program on my PC.

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 07:27:21 PM »

I don't have the Vanguard software either but if you ever want to upgrade to AHP and the CM15A controller you can get all the plugins which would include iWatch.The iWatch plug-in has the ability to control ninjas also. The big plus is you can also get hooked on other automation stuff. ;D

----------------KDR
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 08:12:08 AM »

I have ran Vanguard and have to second KDRs suggestion Upgrading to ActiveHome Pro (all Plug-ins package) will give you much more control while still having all the abilities you have now! ;) As Brian H stated all cams need to be on the same House code (letter not number) ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mattie

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 10:18:59 AM »

Ok, guys.Thanks for the info and I will give it a try.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.