Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A - DS7000 - Total Shut Down of All RF Signals  (Read 2595 times)

wizbanger

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
CM15A - DS7000 - Total Shut Down of All RF Signals
« on: May 25, 2008, 07:12:47 AM »

My Active Home Control/CM15A was emitting a faulty RF signal that first presented with problems in working various lamp modules via my key chain remotes.  I first suspected a defective lamp module but I deferred fixing this and now wish I hadn't, it would have put me on the correct path a lot sooner. 

Slightly later the the Home Security System  Console (DS7000) could not sense all the window/door sensors.  At this point I ordered a new DS7000 as the one that seemed to be faulting was pretty old and I thought his time had come.  However, when the new DS7000 arrived it worked worse then the older one.  At this point thinking I had a dead on arrival new DS7000 I exchanged it.  When the replacement arrived and it too failed, THE OLD MAN's LIGHT BULB went on, some part of my X10 system was emitting faulty RF signals. 

First guess nailed it.  It was the CM15A showering my house with god knows what, perhaps RF from DC to the full spectrum  but it was gagging the RF airways for sure.  When I removed the batteries and unplugged the CM15A everything else immediately functioned correctly.

So now I have a extra Home Security Console, that might come in handy someday but I wanted to share my experience or lack there off so that others first might not defer trouble shooting and perhaps when RF issues arrive consider looking at what might be a faulty source other then that which is failing before going the replacement route.  Good Luck with why you might have come to this post and hope this tid-bit helps someone.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: CM15A - DS7000 - Total Shut Down of All RF Signals
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 09:04:05 AM »

Welcome aboard  wizbanger
Thanks for sharing, I'm sure it will help someone, saving them time, money and hair! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: CM15A - DS7000 - Total Shut Down of All RF Signals
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 10:10:38 AM »

Thanks for the information.
I would have thought more on the lines of a power line firestorm blocking X10 signals. The fact that the RF detectors seemed to have stopped communicating; sure sounds like the CM15A was sending RF signals blocking the sensors.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.