Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macro not working at source  (Read 3994 times)

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Macro not working at source
« on: June 02, 2008, 06:30:38 AM »

AHP macro is configured to turn on a socket rocket light whenever a certain wall switch is turned on, with a condition set for a particular time interval (eg dusk to dawn).

It will work fine from my computer, and also from a CR12A remote, but it will not work when I manually turn on the wall switch. When I first set it up, it did work when I manually turned on the wall switch but now it doesn't.

I have already tried editing the type of lamp (eg wall switch, 2 way lamp module, leviton blah blah...) in AHP, to see if that would help, but it doesn't.

What gives?

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
Re: Macro not working at source
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 06:43:40 AM »

What type of wall switch. I was not aware that X10 made a wall switch that sent information to the CM15 and AHP, except for the stick on switches.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

birdzeye

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 07:53:38 AM »

What type of wall switch. I was not aware that X10 made a wall switch that sent information to the CM15 and AHP, except for the stick on switches.

It's a WS467, the regular incandescent type light switch that can be dimmed by remote. You mean it's not supposed to work with the macro? Why wouldn't it?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 08:45:12 AM »

It's a WS467, the regular incandescent type light switch that can be dimmed by remote. You mean it's not supposed to work with the macro? Why wouldn't it?

As JimC said, no X10 wall switch repeats its address on the power line when activated manually. Therefore it cannot trigger an AHP macro.

When I first set it up, it did work when I manually turned on the wall switch but now it doesn't.

For this to have happened, there must have been something else that caused the socket rocket to turn on; it wasn't a WS467 triggered macro because that's not possible. Disclaimer: The way X10 changes products unannounced and keeps the part numbers the same, at least to this point, no WS467 has been known to repeat its address.

birdzeye

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 09:55:38 AM »

Puck,

This is really weird! When I first set up this macro, it worked exactly the way I wanted it to when I manually turned on the trigger WS467. It was one of the reasons I decided to keep the software and CM15A.....otherwise I was going to get a refund. And I don't know of any other way the socket rocket would've been triggered to turn on, or how it could've been only a coincidence, since I repeated the procedure several times and it always worked---i.e. turn on WS467 triggers socket rocket to turn on.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it was after I added the conditions to only trigger between dusk and dawn that it wouldn't work anymore.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 10:17:28 AM »

When I first set up this macro, it worked exactly the way I wanted it to when I manually turned on the trigger WS467.

Let's make sure we are on the same page with the word "manually". Are you saying that when you physically press the button on the WS467 with your finger, the socket rocket turned on? Or when you click the WS467 ICON in AHP with your mouse?

And just to eliminate something, the socket rocket is not in a light socket that is controlled by the WS467 switch is it?

Lastly, when you press the WS467 switch with your hand, does the AHP Activity Monitor show an entry that its X10 address had been turned ON/OFF?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 12:20:28 PM »

o-o-o-o-o-h-h-h

We may be on to something here...Could X10 have shipped some "new" WS467's and failed to disable some 2-way features left over from the LM-14A chip reuse in the WS467?  -:)

I think i'm getting excited.

Birdzeye:
When did you get the WS467?
Please do what Puck ask (copied below) and let us know!

"Lastly, when you press the (button on the phsycal) WS467 switch with your hand, does the AHP Activity Monitor show an entry that its X10 address had been turned ON/OFF?"
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

birdzeye

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 03:20:20 PM »

When I first set up this macro, it worked exactly the way I wanted it to when I manually turned on the trigger WS467.

Let's make sure we are on the same page with the word "manually". Are you saying that when you physically press the button on the WS467 with your finger, the socket rocket turned on? Or when you click the WS467 ICON in AHP with your mouse?

And just to eliminate something, the socket rocket is not in a light socket that is controlled by the WS467 switch is it?

Lastly, when you press the WS467 switch with your hand, does the AHP Activity Monitor show an entry that its X10 address had been turned ON/OFF?

When I physically pressed the button on the WS467 with my finger the socket rocket turned on. And the socket rocket is not on the same line as the WS467 switch. When I first did this, it worked very well and I tried it many times over and over again. However, when I physically pressed the WS467 switch I did not run upstairs to check the on/off status on the computer, so I don't know about that one. Actually, now I'm remembering that my CM15A froze sometime later that same day (or was it early the next morning?) and I had to unplug it and take the batteries out to get it to work again.
o-o-o-o-o-h-h-h

We may be on to something here...Could X10 have shipped some "new" WS467's and failed to disable some 2-way features left over from the LM-14A chip reuse in the WS467?  -:)

I think i'm getting excited.

Birdzeye:
When did you get the WS467?
Please do what Puck ask (copied below) and let us know!

dave w,

I think you're getting all excited from the new emoticons available in the message options!   ;D :)%

These WS467's I bought from TheSource by Circuit City, about a month ago. I don't think they are "new" because they were on clearance and they said they wouldn't be getting more in.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.