Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mixing Wireless & Wired Cameras  (Read 3390 times)

jhonny

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Mixing Wireless & Wired Cameras
« on: June 03, 2008, 04:24:32 AM »

hi puck i have six wireless camera hook up on my ahp but now i purchase two wired cameras the question is how do i hook up or add the new two wired camera to ahp.

thanks,
Johnny
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 08:30:01 AM by Puck »

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Mixing Wireless & Wired Cameras
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 08:43:10 AM »

jhonny: I split your post from the original thread and moved it to its own since it was a different topic.

To add a couple wired cameras to your already existing wireless set-up, the following has to be done:

1) Each wired camera has to have its power controlled by X10 (either with an addressable power supply or an appliance module)

2) Use Y-Adapters to combine the video signals from the wired cameras and the output from the wireless video receiver.

3) Use an appliance module to control the power to the wireless video receiver.

In your AHP macros for the cameras:

1) To view a wireless camera: Turn on the wireless video receiver's power, Turn off all wired cameras

2) To view a wired camera: Turn off the wireless video receiver's power, Turn on one wired camera

If you use addressable power supplies for your wired cameras it helps simplify the AHP macros, but you will always have the issue of making sure the wireless video receiver is powered off when viewing a wired camera.

jhonny

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: Mixing Wireless & Wired Cameras
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 09:23:01 PM »

Puck- thanks,

Jhonny

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.