Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NOT HAPPY WITH THE CAMERA QUALITY  (Read 35575 times)

vibrown

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
NOT HAPPY WITH THE CAMERA QUALITY
« on: June 03, 2008, 01:06:36 PM »

:( OK, WE HIRED A PROFESISONAL INSTALLER WHO AT FIRST DID NOT WANT TO WORK WITH X10 SYSTEM BECAUSE OF THE BAD REP. OF THE MERCHANDISE.  WISH I WOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE BEFORE PURCHASING THIS SYSTEM

ONCE INSTALLED, ABSOLUTELY HATED THE QUALITY OFF THE WIRELESS CAMERA IMAGING, NOR CAN WE GET THE VANGUARD ONLINE MONITORING TO WORK. 

IT'S NOT WORTH THE MONEY AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!!!!!!!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: NOT HAPPY WITH THE CAMERA QUALITY
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 04:16:51 PM »

WE HIRED A PROFESISONAL INSTALLER WHO AT FIRST DID NOT WANT TO WORK WITH X10 SYSTEM BECAUSE OF THE BAD REP. OF THE MERCHANDISE. 

Wow I can tell your not real happy (by the use of all caps).... and that's a shame. I am sure your "PROFESSIONAL INSTALLER" has a particular brand(s) and model(s) that he/she is accustomed to working with.... and I am NOT aware of X10 cameras having a "BAD REP". The image quality of X10 cameras are at least equal to compareable type cameras.... so your disappointment may have been unavoidable.

It is too bad you weren't able to install the system DIY, considerable saving can be realized when the user does his/her own setup. X10 cameras are well known for fast and easy set-ups. There is some adjusting that can be done to the cameras (lens) that may improve your image quality. Much of what you will need to learn now to optimise your camera system.... you would have likely learned in the setup process.

I am sure.... if you read through the forums you will likely find all the information and helpful tips you will need to bring your system up-to-par. But feel free to post any questions you may have too. You would not be the first X10 user that came to the forum to complain.... but stayed on... and now help others with informative posts.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 04:18:34 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

speedbugy

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 06:42:37 PM »

Right on Dave. If you want wired cameras the quality is a lot better due to no interference. Wirless cameras are good when set up properly. Like Dave said, the instructions are so simple. I guess even a cave man can do it...hehehehe. But on the serious note the professional that installed them probably has a better system because he/she sells them. I do not think they are going to sell you a much better system than x10 in the price range you paid for it.

artienet

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 06:53:47 PM »

I Agree Dave, I've was introduced to X-10 Systems somewhere around 2008..  True, the little ninjas at that time were not super, however, they provided decent / sufficient viewing for general surveillance etc.  Are these the same components used on many of the newer models, I'm not sure, but still provide a decent surveillance for the pricing being that I recently purchased 2 Air Pro 42s.

It basically comes down to who are using these cameras and what surveillance they are expecting to achieve.  I havn't bought the PTZ Pro HD, but i would probably say the quality would be a great deal better viewing than the older models, however, as with all, you will pay more.  If it is as great as advertised, I would say it is a very good deal being that many other High rez cams are well over $500.

Anyhow, just my personal take on this thread.   ::)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 09:34:35 PM »

A LOT has changed in the five years since my reply to the OP and creator of this thread. My camera/security setup has changed... but I still have a 10 year old hidden X10 night cam recording to my DVR (and working as well as the day I bought it).

When I have work done around the house.... I copy a few minutes of my DVR video to a flash drive. That way if later there is a burglary or break in I have images/video that can be compared to any recorded at the time of any crime. I also like being able to view the cameras views (and recordings) from my easy chair... or even remotely using a tablet, laptop, or phone.

I really believe my cameras would/could/might someday... deter thief/crime. Why break into a security locked home with security cameras and alarm signs... when the house next door has no such challenges and very likely the same old crap inside.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.